Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: B16b or B18c7

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6

B16b or B18c7

Hi all
    I am just about ready to do an engine change into my EG5 but everyday i change my mind on which of the 2 above motors im going to do the swap with... Theres pros and cons to both swaps but i was hopin to get some thoughts for everyone here,
    eventually i wanted to get the car to run 12s or faster but its basically a everyday driver and i want to keep it N/A with petrol on the way up... and up so right now that is a preety big part of the choice cause i dont want to be changing the engine to a different one, why i say the B16b instead of just not doing the B18c7 swap is because i dont have to engineer the b16 in NSW and it is the same block as the b18 neway
    So any input would be great
    Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    b18c7 > b16b
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    it might be the same block, but bigger displacement = more torque and potential power. personally i'd go straight to the B18 simply cos it's got more torque for everyday driving... even if it means engineering it might be more difficult... my 2c
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    also think about your end goal dude, if your wanting to run 12's you will find it easier to do that out of a B18... although wanting to do that with an N/A motor B18 is big bucks and time...

Good luck, i'd go straight to the B18

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    a b18 n/a cant run 12s most likely 14s as stock with bolt-on mods, k-series run 12s.
    its mainly for street use right? plus if you really dont want to go through the trouble of engineer cert i reckon a b16 is enough. cuz when u think about it 1-2sec doesnt really matter on the street.
    have you thought about a b16a? a b16a in eg can prob run high 14s low 15s stock with bolt ons. so thats only 1sec or less diff to a b18c7 with alot less costs involved. around 3-4k.
    later on you can save up for a k-series which would run 12s stock with bolt on mods, rather then spending thousands on a b-series to run 13s, running 12s on a b-series n/a will be difficult
    Last edited by simonnowis; 26-03-2008 at 02:16 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Mr Spoon himself recommended that if you had a b16b to get a stroker kit
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    a push bike
    Hey dude i say b18c7 man i got a motor for sale =] hehehe well as i reckon b18c7 is way better then a b16b why ? b18c7 is much more torque and power at the wheels and it screems on vtec yo . i reckon b16b for turbo they do have power N/A but i dont reckonmend N/A in b16b if turbo thats alrite but if u think about it the mount of money u spend in a b16b is a waste if u want to go N/A its more worth doing a b18c7 =] (but if u are looking for a b18c7 type R motor i got one with all internals inc computer hondata s100. cheerz mate
    [EX-Ek4] [EX-EM1] [EX-S14] [EX-SUPRA] [EX-EVO8]

Member Array
    Car:
    a push bike
    why get a b16b and stroke it out while u can stroke a b18c7 type R to a 2L rather then stoking the b16b to a 1.8L
    [EX-Ek4] [EX-EM1] [EX-S14] [EX-SUPRA] [EX-EVO8]

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    nothing beat displacement
    thats all i have to say

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    I know the whole torque with the b18 is way better than a b16b but with the b16 i put in the b18 crank (after the block mods) and lost more other work to get it to "Around" the 12s mark and not have to engineer it cause of the stamp on the block
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    anyone know the round about figure for engineering a b18c7 into an Eg in NSW?

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by simonnowis View Post
    a b18 n/a cant run 12s most likely 14s as stock with bolt-on mods, k-series run 12s.
    its mainly for street use right? plus if you really dont want to go through the trouble of engineer cert i reckon a b16 is enough. cuz when u think about it 1-2sec doesnt really matter on the street.
    have you thought about a b16a? a b16a in eg can prob run high 14s low 15s stock with bolt ons. so thats only 1sec or less diff to a b18c7 with alot less costs involved. around 3-4k.
    later on you can save up for a k-series which would run 12s stock with bolt on mods, rather then spending thousands on a b-series to run 13s, running 12s on a b-series n/a will be difficult
    this is ridiculous, 1-2 second difference anywhere track or road is a world of difference...it's like excel vs ek4...
    also bolt-on b18c7 will get u into mid 13s as proved again and again by members on this forum...