Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro Luxury

Whereis Navigation V14 Speed Camera Alerts

hi guys. i have recently updated my sat nav to v14. i was on the whereis website having a look at the additional roads they have included in v14, including school zones and also red light and speed cameras. im certain that with the portable navigations it will give you a reminder just before you approach any camera, giving you like a 30 second warning to slow down. just wondering if anyone knows how to set this feature on the euro's. thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06Euro Lux Sat Nav Auto
    I have upgraded to Version 14 and am just starting to explore the improvements over Ver 13. I will do a search on Where Is for any additional features or information data sets that may be included and post what I find.

When I went to Ver 13 from Ver 12 one immediately obvious improvement was the inclusion of the M7 a road that I use a lot. On ver 12 it was just red lines as a proposal. I would suspect that Ver 14 will now have the Lane Cove Tunnel as a defined road in a similar fashion.

Any one else out there who has recently got Ver 14 in a new car or upgraded themselves please add your comments to this thread re improvements or other changes you have found.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro Luxury
    anyone of you guys on the forum have any idea?

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Depriving the State of revenue is an offence in most States. You should all willingly contribute to general revenue to make yourselves feel better. You should all self-flagellate for the public good and proclaim your proclivity to speed as a very-very naughty failing that you are trying to overcome.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    ^^..WTF..lol
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    Depriving the State of revenue is an offence in most States. You should all willingly contribute to general revenue to make yourselves feel better. You should all self-flagellate for the public good and proclaim your proclivity to speed as a very-very naughty failing that you are trying to overcome.
    Did I really say that? I must have been in a brainwashed trance!
    SPQR

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmsxc View Post
    hi guys. i have recently updated my sat nav to v14. i was on the whereis website having a look at the additional roads they have included in v14, including school zones and also red light and speed cameras. im certain that with the portable navigations it will give you a reminder just before you approach any camera, giving you like a 30 second warning to slow down. just wondering if anyone knows how to set this feature on the euro's. thanks.
    I haven't noticed any speed or red light camera warnings. Maybe it's hardware dependent? Or maybe Honda chose not to include those features.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    my tomtom warns me.. btw on the topic of fixed speed cameras... how much over do u normally have to be before it takes a photo? 5km or 10?
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '07 Accord Euro L/E
    Quote Originally Posted by johnprocter View Post
    my tomtom warns me.. btw on the topic of fixed speed cameras... how much over do u normally have to be before it takes a photo? 5km or 10?
    i always thought it was 10% over the limit

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Sometimes the software has to support the feature. If you have software that isn't programmed to give you warnings, but you have maps that include those warnings, then you don't get the benefits....
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    I got my Navi V14 from my new accord, but it doesn't show any traffic light sign or speed camera as well, but it does from my tomtom one which as update ur POI. I want to know honda one can show or update such sign on the map as well, but i think it donesn't...

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by drftr View Post
    i always thought it was 10% over the limit
    Not necessarily. It varies in each state. Victoria is infamous for very low tolerances and so is South Australia.
    SPQR