Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04 Luxury

Bad Aircon Smell

Is anyone having issues with smelly aircon air? Mine smells terrible and I can't stand it.

I think I did everything I could do to try and remove the odour. I replaced the pollen filter, I've sprayed anti-bateria spray everywhere in the aircon vent, and also sprayed the vent outside the car where the air is coming in, and let turned on the fan (A/C off and set the mode to outside air) to the max with max temp. This seemed to have resolve the issue for a couple of weeks, but recently, the smell came back.

I really don't know what else to do. Can anyone please help me?
    Accord Euro 04' 6MT

Sports Grille, K&N Typhoon Air Intake, 18'' XHP Jet Black, Momo Sphere Gearknob w/ Leather boots, OEM Sports Pedals, White LED Parking lights/Interior lights/Number Plate lights

What kind of smell are you getting? Is it organic or chemical? Something (bugs, etc) might be stuck inside.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic RS
    i think honda can do some type of flush to the air con system, as previously posted, to lessen the risk of fungi or other nasties growing in air con vents, turn of the air con and keep the fan blowing for about 1 min before you stop your engine. this will ensure no air con air, which goes stale and attracts nasties stays in your vent.
    |||8|0||0|||5|7||||

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    i got my filter replaced and flushed out the system, its good now, i used to have like a piss/ toilet smell, it made me sick!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04 Luxury
    Just like Dru42 said, it smells like a piss..... or sometimes smells like sweat. Really bad.....
    Accord Euro 04' 6MT

Sports Grille, K&N Typhoon Air Intake, 18'' XHP Jet Black, Momo Sphere Gearknob w/ Leather boots, OEM Sports Pedals, White LED Parking lights/Interior lights/Number Plate lights

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04 Luxury
    Dru42, did you go to the dealer and flushed out the system? How much did it cost you? Also, do you know what is involved in the process of flushing the system?
    Accord Euro 04' 6MT

Try this, full blast the fan with air vents open on a hot dry day to dry up system, you can leave the compressor on or off... up to you.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    Try this, full blast the fan with air vents open on a hot dry day to dry up system, you can leave the compressor on or off... up to you.
    Leaving the compressor on will only build up more moisture.
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Moisture builds up when you have warm air coming into contact with the cold aircon system. So turn the compressor off, turn the heat to max temperature and full blast, then cycle through all the different vents for about 10 minutes each.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic 7th
    i have the same stinky smell when i put off my aircon after use, i have a 7th Gen Civic.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by jooneth View Post
    Dru42, did you go to the dealer and flushed out the system? How much did it cost you? Also, do you know what is involved in the process of flushing the system?
    i got my machanic to do it, as i had to replace the whole a/c system due to the compressor sh*tting itself... i asked him to replace the filter too it was black!!

Member Array
    Car:
    08 white euro lux
    pull the filter and spray a little bit of glen 20 or somthing similar so it is sucked through, compressor on. then flush the system compressor off on hot... thats how ive cleaned up the a/c on any car ive had. works perfect and the shit pine smell wears off after a day or two