Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool there is a Jazz forum!!

Wow...its so good to have a local Jazz forum..just found it today...have been checking out the singapore jazz forum.....www.shc-forum.com
    it is pretty good too...
    so anyone...from adelaide...here?....
    i was wondering if anyone has DIYed their air intake..and what results have they got from it....
    also what is better...?.....suspension or exhaust?...which first?.
    thanks!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Enzo
    i reckon suspension should be the first since performance in a jazz is limited
    "It’s more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow."

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Hey supatt, good to see another recruit...

As for the exhaust or suspension question, I would tend to go the suspension route. Lowereing the centre of gravity on the Jazz does wonders for the performance. That said, I have a relatively full-on setup at the moment (read not cheap) - pretty full-on as far as the Jazz goes anyway..

I did have a Buddy Club exhaust on it briefly and noticed some decent top end gains, but the bottom end was crap. A quality 2inch mandrel catback system would give some minor, but still noticeable gains.

I haven't done too much DIY on the airbox but I have a fair idea as to what I would do to it if I was using it. I'm running an A'pexi intake with heat shield and about to get around to installing a custom cold air feed. The A'pexi gave noticeable gains although it can be slightly less-responsive down low when compared to the factory box.

Hope that helps a bit....

J

JDM Array
    Car:
    Starlet ATM
    I would do suspension before an exaust system

thanks guys for the warm welcome and all advice take....SUSPENSION 1st!!....
    now what suspension can i get?....i noticed...that the jazz is a little problematic when cornering..... possibly due to the electronic steering...is there anyway to overcome this...problem is that when i corner...it doesnt feel like it wants to turn...then it feels like it turns too...much..i am not quite sure how to explain the feeling...though..hehe....
    also are there sway bars and strut braces available for the Jazz?
    thanks!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    hey supatt,

if you're goin to do suspension tein superwagons are the way to go from
    jus-10's response!

spoon has the front strut and front lower stut

and j's racing has the rear struts.

as for swaybars no idea yet

Pete

Member Array
    Car:
    Enzo
    front strut and lower front bars are available in the jazz ask thangy. but make sure you get the full suspension setup first before otherwise you wont notice much different getting both front bars, no rear sway bar are available for sale at the moment..
    If you want suspension make sure you get the adjustable ones, this way you can probably find a perfect hieght you want for the jazz. go for tein-superwagon.. Jus-10 is using at the moment or if you can get a tanabe sustec pro adjust nf for the jazz, i think you need to import it from japan not sure if anyone can get it here..
    "It’s more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow."

thanks for all the advice..!!....

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    If you want to get anything from Japan, just PM Tanghy and he will be able to get a good price. Just do a bit of web browsing and find the part numbers. It will make things a lot quicker and easier for Tanghy.

As far as suspension goes, what are you looking at? Springs; spring and shock combo; coilovers?

Price is usually the biggest factor, but as far as springs and oilovers go, all the big Jap brands offer products for the Fit.

Let me know if there is anything or any particular brand that you are after.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    i suggest kg/mm springs as many ppl highly recommend this and this price is around $450 marked. With a set of shocker and good tyres will be more than enough I reckon.
    For the Wagon coilover from TEIN, I read some review from magazine on it and isnt that great compare to the price tho.

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    The standard Wagons are pretty average yes, but they are an entry level coilover and at $1600 (Oz price) they aren't really expensive for coilovers. They are just way too soft.

The Super Wagons are different in that they have dampening adjustment but even at $1900 they are no where near the top end of the market, and are quite reasonably priced.

Tyres are now my biggest problem by a long shot...

yeah.... money is a factor when deciding...i was thinking of just changing springs first...