Member Array
    Car:
    EF8

Need to know size of a nut please!

Rack adjustment lock nut - As highlighted below (and reference number 6). The rack is from a power assisted 90-91 LS integra 4 door or an EF8/9 CR-X.

I cannot get to this gigantic lock nut with the tools I have because the PS lines and cross member are in the way. So I might try buying a tool, but I won't have the opportunity to measure the nut before the next chance I get to go tool shopping, so if someone can tell me the metric size of this nut, that'd be awesome (it looks around 30mm). Cheers
    Last edited by Dylanamus; 31-03-2008 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Forgot to add what model car it's from

Member Array
    Car:
    CH9
    measure the distance between the two opposing sides of the nut...
    *** How JDM am I ? ***
    ███████████████████ 120% ████

There is no can't.... there is only won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    measure the distance between the two opposing sides of the nut...
    So I might try buying a tool, but I won't have the opportunity to measure the nut before the next chance I get to go tool shopping
    this is a "help out beforehand" query incase anyone knows !

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Oh well. I think I might just drop the cross member out completely to work on it. Thanks for helping Drew, Bennjamin :P I'll post the size for the sake of the archives after I get a chance to measure it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    40mm 6 sided. Honda special tool: 07916-SA50001. Thin frame flat ring spanner.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    For reference, the tool is about $350AUD, which is why I'm going to MAKE ONE instead.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1987 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Be very careful messing with that nut. It's a SPECIAL adjusting nut. You use that nut to help adjust the freeplay in the rack. That's why the tool is so expensive Honda doesn't want people messing with it. Unless you are rebuilding the rack there is no reason to remove or mess with that nut.

thats true. im a mechanic and the special tools are to stop back yard jobs, id take it to a honda dealer, but if you want to and you know what you are doing then go for it, but be carful!!!
    D16A 87 Integra, with HM extractors and a 2 1/4 inch cat back