Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rallies 2008

Rallies 2008

For those in Sydney and Canberra the following could be interesting......

We will be running the EG6 in Rally Lithgow - 3rd April. Spectating is easy and 2 or 3 points are very close off Caves Road. Starts in main street Lithgow 3rd May. www.rallyoflithgow.com.au
    Cruise up and have a look.

Also the Latest Type R (Class R3) will be running all 260 hp of K series at Rally Canberra in June, with an international driver. Its a serious bit of kit and well worth a look....
    www.roc.com.au

Nice!!!
    MFactory Competition Products

British driver Guy Wilks has signed a five-rally deal with Italy's JAS Motorsport which will include competing in two rounds of the 2008 Australian Rally Championship.

Wilks and co-driver, Phil Pugh, will showcase the new Honda Civic Type R R3 rally car on two rounds of the Australian Rally Championship, Rally Finland (WRC), Rally Russia (IRC) and a fifth international rally yet to be confirmed.

The 2007 British champion told his official website: "JAS has a superb motorsport pedigree and it is a privilege to be joining them for 2008. I am sure we can deliver some very strong results together with the R3 rally car on some very challenging rallies, starting with Rally of Canberra in May."

JAS Motorsport has been the official partner of Honda in Touring Cars since 1998.

The front-wheel drive Civic, built to the new R class regulations, is powered by a 260bhp engine built by Mugen, Honda's renowned tuning partner, and will run on Pirelli tyres.

The car was exhibited at the world famous Geneva Motor Show last month, next to Honda's Formula 1 'earth car'.

Wilks and Pugh will contest the Rally of Canberra (May 10 and 11) and Rally of Melbourne (October 18 and 19) in collaboration with Honda Australia. Rally Russia takes place on July 11 and 12 and Rally Finland from July 31 to August 3.

None of the rallies clash with Wilks' British title defence with Mitsubishi Motors UK.

The announcement is a boost for this year's ARC, with only one other factory-supported team currently entered, that being Toyota. Whilst the two-wheel drive Honda may not be an outright contender against the super-quick Corollas, it will certainly add some interest to the competition.

With a little bit of luck, some success from Wilks could even see Honda committed to a full-on assault in 2009.

Rally of Lithgow this weekend.

Ready to go...

Almost

Yeap Ready

Last edited by s1600; 30-04-2008 at 10:41 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic
    Looks like a wild ride in the Civic. Front wheel drive cars were very under rated in rallying. They are very competitive and quick, is a great learning curve to perhaps to step up in to a 4wd. There used to be another that looked like yours but i think that was Denise Collins in SA.
    But gee hanging on while going for a spin in the Civic, wouldn't that be great.
    cheers
    Scott

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic Rally Car
    Hi all,

More EG B16a rally action clips.

#1 - Look for us about the 5:05 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmZ5jVG6_CE

#2 - Find us around the 0:58 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QlVHLj8a_g

Thanks to Russ (S1600) for the loan of his ECU to get us to the event!
    Our Rally of Canberra adventures here... http://www.bmsc.com.au/forums/showpo...2&postcount=41 and here... http://www.qwrx.com.au/content/view/98/28/
    WTD: PQ points to enable me to sell!

EK Civic rally Car

Hi guys, i bought kate's Civic, i am planning to run the Caltex Starmart rally in Canberra, i might see you's there! Adam.