Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by krogoth View Post
    i can def see where grumpy is coming from, and he has more than a right to complain

personally, i dont buy much from here, nor do i sell, so i have no idea how much sig sellers affect real traders

i dont know if its anything significant

if its a taking away proper traders business, then it definetley needs to be looked at

a blanket ban may be a little overkill, as it can supress members who actually offer their services/help more for other ppls benefits than for profit, but then if som1 really needs help, PM can be used

but yeh, maybe traders rights need a little more protection....
    i agree...

other forums have adopted the rule of not selling by any means other than FS section + donation membership....
    my statement in another thread stands the Honda community is the most peasant of the lot... i reckon adopt the above and members should pay if they want access to technical sections + fs.. heck even $5??? how many bloody members are here....

any assistance or 'hook-ups' offered to the OP of a thread wasn't really allowed unless everyone else could share the benefit.

we used to have organised days where we'd talk and goto a spot and work on certain aspects of cars... days were sort of subject/topic days...

but.. those were the real 'enthusiast' communities....
    Last edited by dsp26; 03-04-2008 at 06:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

suggestion: maybe charge a lower rate for having an ad in the signature other than the FS thread? And have a template for the sig (size, font, how many lines etc)??
    But then again, its gonna turn into a market fest.
    Maybe ADs in sig should only be related to honda parts and services?

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 - Fastest F
    im with grumpy on this.. it is definately not fair for us traders... there is a part for sale section on this site thats where all the secondhand and personal stuff should be sold at..

in this site we got backyard mechanics selling conversions, Parts brand new, second hand.. name it i can find it for you...

so why should us the traders pay for advertisement.. ??

and we dont post that often or as active as some of users on this site.. so it definately not fair for us..

Wyn im sure you are pretty aware of this problem.. and we as traders hope you can do something about it.. SIGNATURES ARE SIGNATURES not BILL BOARDS TO SELL YOU STUFFZ...

thats my 2 cents worth...

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 - Fastest F
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimian View Post
    Maybe ADs in sig should only be related to honda parts and services?
    MAYBE i should stop paying trader fees and just put ADs and services in my signature

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipowerracing View Post
    MAYBE i should stop paying trader fees and just put ADs and services in my signature
    why not? and pay some high school kid to compile you a php bot so you automatically spam the spam thread for maximum exposure? for $440 i'm sure he'd make it bullet proof and you get a 5 course dinner with it and a shoe shine too lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipowerracing View Post
    Well i mean for a price as well. You dont get the same exposure (traders section VS signature). But if an AD is used in sig, must be Honda related, for a fee and with posting guidelines.
    my 2 ¢

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    I'd have to agree that i notice signature advertising more than looking into the traders section.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 - Fastest F
    i think for genuine HOME job garages with backyard parts they really want to sell they should put it in the FOR SALE section...

or pay $440 to be a trader.. in my book if you sell something you are a trader.. doesnt mean if you dont have a shop you are not a trader..

look at edward R on Ozhonda for an example.. he trades from his home but he still pays for a trader space on ozhonda.. i think thats fair...

on other websites if you were to trade on your signature you will be ban/kick/warned.. but on ozhonda it's really becoming a "market place"

there are definately some people here on ozhonda selling B20s, Conversions, JDM fronts, their EX-Girlfirends numbers etc on their signature and doing it so often that you know it can't be their personal items...

the way i see it if you are selling something put it in For Sale section. if not pay for a trader spot..

so i hope the MODs can be fair or i think us Traders will soon leave or stop paying for trader Fee..

HOWEVER ... i think some signatures are okay example "DD tuned", "CLUB BEL GARAGE", "AK-MOTORWORKS" example are okay as it helps people to know what has been done to their car to a certain extend...and the above are what i claim as signatures..

BUT COME ON.. THINGS LIKE HONDATA AVAILABLE... B18CR JDM HALF CUT SWAPS FOR SALE... etc.. this should not be allowed...
    Last edited by Hipowerracing; 03-04-2008 at 07:08 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD2
    My thought : Ozhonda is hardest forum in the world to sell at For sale section.
    Most of other forum only required some certain amount of posting and you can start selling at for sale section.
    Some forum freely let you selling (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, etc).
    Ozhonda only allowed "member" only, but to become a member need a point which depend on a quality posting and it's very subjective from person to person.

Signatured also very strict in Ozhonda.
    Other forum allowed to put some pictures and not restricted people to do some ads.

Group buys and Mass order also has been eliminated in Ozhonda.

Other ozbrother's forum much more flexible than Ozhonda (Ozmazda / Ozmazdaclub).

Just my 2cents.
    Last edited by happy; 03-04-2008 at 07:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    thank goodness no pix are allowed in sigs

that would piss me off, lol
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by happy View Post
    My thought : Ozhonda is hardest forum in the world to sell at For sale section.
    Most of other forum only required some certain amount of posting and you can start selling at for sale section.
    Some forum freely let you selling (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, etc).
    Ozhonda only allowed "member" only, but to become a member need a point which depend on a quality posting and it's very subjective from person to person.

Signatured also very strict in Ozhonda.
    Other forum allowed to put some pictures and not restricted people to do some ads.

Group buys and Mass order also has been eliminated in Ozhonda.

Other ozbrother's forum much more flexible than Ozhonda (Ozmazda / Ozmazdaclub).

Just my 2cents.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    ill be a trader so as long i don't need a ABN... i have emailed wynode about the traders account but never gotten around getting a ABN. So i tried LOL...