Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Imo, we should scrap all sig adverts for services/parts etc...
    The ONLY exception being a direct link to their FS thread on the site.

Keep it clean.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    i can def see where grumpy is coming from, and he has more than a right to complain

personally, i dont buy much from here, nor do i sell, so i have no idea how much sig sellers affect real traders

i dont know if its anything significant

if its a taking away proper traders business, then it definetley needs to be looked at

a blanket ban may be a little overkill, as it can supress members who actually offer their services/help more for other ppls benefits than for profit, but then if som1 really needs help, PM can be used

but yeh, maybe traders rights need a little more protection....
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    grumpy has a point but i dont see it being an big issue at this stage. i think it'd best to control it on a case by case basis atm
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Haha,Panda at your sig.That's mad funny!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Ok. Everyone pay their $440 for a trader account and there won't be a problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    May be the only way

Account Disabled Array
    not everyone is a business or has a ABN.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    not everyone is a business or has a ABN.
    given that you only have to make over $50 000 per year in sales to be required to register for gst, and thus have an ABN, it think there are certain people on here that should be thinking very carefully about that.

considering engines and engine packages, cough, are a few thousand a piece, you'd only need to be selling 20-30 a year to be over this threshold.

furthermore, just because you dont have 'a business' or 'an ABN' doesnt mean you shouldnt have to pay the traders fee.

IMO if you sell anything other than occasional personal stuff thats come from YOUR car because you dont need/want it, or upgrading etc then you are a trader.

Specifically in your case, if I was paying $440 a year, and I saw how regularly you have stuff for sale in your sig, I would be annoyed.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    ^lol

interesting observation
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by krogoth View Post
    ^lol

interesting observation
    which one?

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_will View Post
    given that you only have to make over $50 000 per year in sales to be required to register for gst, and thus have an ABN, it think there are certain people on here that should be thinking very carefully about that.

considering engines and engine packages, cough, are a few thousand a piece, you'd only need to be selling 20-30 a year to be over this threshold.

furthermore, just because you dont have 'a business' or 'an ABN' doesnt mean you shouldnt have to pay the traders fee.

IMO if you sell anything other than occasional personal stuff thats come from YOUR car because you dont need/want it, or upgrading etc then you are a trader.

Specifically in your case, if I was paying $440 a year, and I saw how regularly you have stuff for sale in your sig, I would be annoyed.
    Agreed. I'm in contact with grumpy rooster RE this and will obviously look after the interest of the traders who keep this site going.

On another note........just to clarify, you only have to be registered for GST if you're making over 50K. But there's nothing stoping you from getting an ABN even if you're not registered for GST.

But yes, the for sale forum is only for our surplus items. If you can order any product in.....then you are a commercial trader.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode View Post
    Agreed. I'm in contact with grumpy rooster RE this and will obviously look after the interest of the traders who keep this site going.

On another note........just to clarify, you only have to be registered for GST if you're making over 50K. But there's nothing stoping you from getting an ABN even if you're not registered for GST.

But yes, the for sale forum is only for our surplus items. If you can order any product in.....then you are a commercial trader.
    Sorry I guess I wasnt that clear on the GST thing - I was just extrapolating, based on the number of items I see that member selling, that based on the value of engine packages, he should probably be registered for GST, and thus also have an ABN. But I completely agree youre correct - you dont NEED to be registered for GST to have an ABN.

I think you also raised a good point - the traders contribute a significant amount (I assume) of money to the forum, which keeps it free for everyone else.

Why should we be supporting those who contribute nothing for their sales (ie those who sell regularly in sigs) over those who pay for the right to sell?