Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    And every other forum I am on doesn't require traders to pay for the privilege. I'm not saying we shouldn't, just saying that if we do have to pay we should get some exclusivity for it.

What Hipower said is true though. If something doesn't get done about it when it comes to renewal time a number of traders will fall back to advertising via sigs. This I know for a fact.

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post
    If something doesn't get done about it when it comes to renewal time a number of traders will fall back to advertising via sigs. This I know for a fact.
    Sigs are the way to go

Grumpy and others ( traders) - you have the ability for "coverage" outside your domain by simply posting and helping out. It really does work. Its called rapport and you can make in with the convos and tech discussions etc. Not just sit in your trader corner waiting for people to come to you.

But , for 9 times out of 10 when a person THINKS of a part they want , chances are they will head to the TRADERS section first and browse around. I know myself and alot of others rec. the traders section ( when people post in the WTB etc)
    Last edited by bennjamin; 03-04-2008 at 09:25 PM.

i think if things are left as they are, sigs should have a template to make things fairer

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Grumpy and others ( traders) - you have the ability for "coverage" outside your domain by simply posting and helping out. It really does work. Its called rapport and you can make in with the convos and tech discussions etc. Not just sit in your trader corner waiting for people to come to you.
    The only trader i see do this is TODA_AU. Big up for toda

Yes TODA does good by trying to help out. Come on others Get out there and help out if ya can

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipowerracing View Post
    im with grumpy on this.. it is definately not fair for us traders... there is a part for sale section on this site thats where all the secondhand and personal stuff should be sold at..

in this site we got backyard mechanics selling conversions, Parts brand new, second hand.. name it i can find it for you...

so why should us the traders pay for advertisement.. ??

Wyn im sure you are pretty aware of this problem.. and we as traders hope you can do something about it.. SIGNATURES ARE SIGNATURES not BILL BOARDS TO SELL YOU STUFFZ...

thats my 2 cents worth...
    Paying to be a trader gives you an exclusive right to sell via the forums. No other commercial selling is allowed. I have to pay for hosting such a big site and while it used to come out of my pocket back in the good old days....it's no longer possible and if I had to......I would have shut the site down along time ago.

That said.......a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon. I've received grumpyrooster's PM and as I told him.....I am looking into it. In the process of sending out an email to all the traders to get their opinions. After all it is the traders that help keep this site going, financially.

Quote Originally Posted by happy View Post
    My thought : Ozhonda is hardest forum in the world to sell at For sale section.
    Most of other forum only required some certain amount of posting and you can start selling at for sale section.
    Some forum freely let you selling (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, etc).
    Ozhonda only allowed "member" only, but to become a member need a point which depend on a quality posting and it's very subjective from person to person.

Signatured also very strict in Ozhonda.
    Other forum allowed to put some pictures and not restricted people to do some ads.

Group buys and Mass order also has been eliminated in Ozhonda.

Other ozbrother's forum much more flexible than Ozhonda (Ozmazda / Ozmazdaclub).

Just my 2cents.
    I'm not going to get into this again but we have the rules we do for a reason (search the site discussion forum).

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    ill be a trader so as long i don't need a ABN... i have emailed wynode about the traders account but never gotten around getting a ABN. So i tried LOL...
    ABN is a requirement purely to seperate the backyard traders from the real businesses and to avoid hassles with users getting ripped off. Getting an ABN is free and pretty easy.

Anyways........before this gets out of hand I'm locking the thread and waiting for the traders to reply to my email. Will post back here with the outcome. Obviously I'm going to look after the best interest of the traders (as I have in the past)
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 - Fastest F
    thanks wyn.. good to see you are on the traders side..

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quick update for anyone subscribed to this thread.

See here for more information:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88026

I will be emailing the traders with this information.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq