Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast
    I was wanting to lower my fd. But I found out on the weekend that when i have 2 ppl in the back it can scrub when taking corners. And thats not even going that fast. I'm at stock height

I guess thats what you get for running +35 offset rims without rolling the guards. Who has rolled their guards? Should i be worried about the paint if i wanted to roll the guards? What sort of places can do that? Rough ball park figure?
    07 FD1 - Pics
    Full Mugen Kit
    TopFuel zero-1000 SRI
    18" Rays G-Games 99b
    OzHonda sticker x 2

HAhahaha I'm using 45 but still scrubbing wihtout any1 sitting @ the back (especially when I do 90 degree turn in 30-40km/h speed)

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    bmw
    @ mark,

the fd stock sus is fat and thick in diameter, if u get a coilover setup it wont be as thick so therefore you can slam it and not have to worry about the wheel hitting the shock.

get me?

@ denot,

what sized wheel you got?

im running 19x8 on +42 and i have no problems

either way scrubbing isnt cool. so gl with it all

Quote Originally Posted by ekdez View Post
    @ mark,

the fd stock sus is fat and thick in diameter, if u get a coilover setup it wont be as thick so therefore you can slam it and not have to worry about the wheel hitting the shock.

get me?
    Yep I understand. But I think my problem isn't the rubber hitting the shocks, but hitting the thin guard. the rims are flush with the guards, and then when the shocks/springs compress enough it can rub (be it cornering with extra weight in the back or when i go over a hump fast enough).

Over humps the front can scrape/rub (has to be pretty bad humps in the road). When cornering with ppl in the back then the rear wheels can scrub.

But interesting to know that the stock suspension is fat. I'm guessing my options are either rolling the guards, or super stiff coilovers lol.
    07 FD1 - Pics
    Full Mugen Kit
    TopFuel zero-1000 SRI
    18" Rays G-Games 99b
    OzHonda sticker x 2

Quote Originally Posted by ekdez View Post

@ denot,

what sized wheel you got?

im running 19x8 on +42 and i have no problems

either way scrubbing isnt cool. so gl with it all
    mine is 18x7.5 +45/+40 (i think...) dunno what is scrubbing onto but its making sound like the rubber hit/roled onto something

here is mine,,,

front

rear

FN2 - FD2 - EGH2B(SOON)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    dude.... what shocks, springs or coils do you have?

boddass that kinda... bad? :s

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    wow.. thats.. yeah bad lol =/..

and denot how are yours scrubbing? 7.5 with +40/45 should be CLEAN as... ur running 225 tyres right? hmm thats a bit odd =/...

hmm i hope a 2" drop with +40 offset and 8" rim won't scrub... maybe i wont buy the springs yet =[. damn....

^^^ I'm not sure if its scrubbing or not but, like i sed before, when I do 90 degree turn on a slightly high speed (well only around 30-40km/h) I hear sound like rubber hitting somtehing

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    dude.... what shocks, springs or coils do you have?
    just compressed spring
    FN2 - FD2 - EGH2B(SOON)

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    hmm denot it could just be your tyres on the road surface? maybe their a bit loud =/... would be scary to know that your scrubbing with 7.5 and +40ish i reckon =/. stock height too right?

btw does anyone know if 18x8 +40 with 2" drop would scrub =/..