Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    sorry, a MIL is a Malfunction Indicator Lamp

it is the orange light on your dash known as the 'check engine light' (but it is really known by Honda as a MIL in their manuals)
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Civic EG5 with JDM B16
    oops I just remembered, it's throwing an Primary 'Oxygen Sensor Heater' code also..

It looks that my O2 Sensor is the 4-wire.. ?? My D-series was a 2/3-wire ?

As for my TB, I removed the whole Intake manifold and cleaned the whole thing and also the TB.. so it is like new in that respect.. (new gaskets too)

Quote Originally Posted by VTEChnique
    oops I just remembered, it's throwing an Primary 'Oxygen Sensor Heater' code also..
    this explains alot!

is/are there oxygen sensor/s on your headers?

where?

is/are they connected top the ECU?

can you take several pics of your engine bay for us - this will make it much easier...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Civic EG5 with JDM B16
    yeah I will try to get someone with a digi=camera tonight to take some pics..

The O2 sensor is on the 2>1 2nd piece of the header - it is just before the cat basically..

as for the wiring - I have used the JDM B16A engine-side harness, and retained the SOHC VTEC fire-wall-side Harness.. so I am guessing any new pin-outs I need to do would only be from the Fire-wall Harness to the ECU ?

yeah I will try to get someone with a digi=camera tonight to take some pics..

The O2 sensor is on the 2>1 2nd piece of the header - it is just before the cat basically..
    OK, cool...

i think the O2 heater circut is meant to goto A6 on the ECU, and is an orange and black wire, the O2 sensor circut is meant to goto D14 on the ECU and is a white wire.

check these out for correctness and also test to see if the O2 sensor gets voltage on the orange/black wire with ignition on...

(there are also two black wires, which are the grounds)

as for the wiring - I have used the JDM B16A engine-side harness, and retained the SOHC VTEC fire-wall-side Harness.. so I am guessing any new pin-outs I need to do would only be from the Fire-wall Harness to the ECU ?
    yep.
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    Dude

Knock sensor, dont worry about replacing the sensor, just disable it in the rom.
    ELD = same as knock

Let us all know how you get on.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    you might have to get a pinout chart for the jdm ecu then run wires from the correct location on the euc to the map sensor.

I had a few dramas when i did my h22a swap and it was in linp mode running like absolute shiet/hig fuel consumption.

Just do one sensor at a time and you will sort it out. a multimeter will come in handy aswell.

Also get a vacuum hose diagram as i had also incorrectly connected these.

ELD sensor is nothing to worry about but you need the MAP and O2 sensors to be working.

The MAP sensor on my old f22b accord motor was connected directly onto the top of the throttle body, the h22a MAP sensor is mounted on the fire wall with some vacuum hose connected from it to the throttle body.

I used the all of the accord wiring harness, i had to lengthen a few of the wires to reach the right sensors as they were in slightly different locations on the h22a.

I had to make a seperate new loom that i ran from the correct locations on the JDM p13 OBD1 ecu to that connected to the extra senors that are on a h22a.

try www.hondaswap.com there is so much info on the b16a swap that u should be able to sort it out.

had to also swap the O2 sensor wires at the ecu with a different pin.

its a pain in the ass sorting it out but its worth it in the end.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    alternatively you can run in open loop.. ignore O2

Quote Originally Posted by ProECU
    alternatively you can run in open loop.. ignore O2
    will this cure the hesitation and stuttering?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    It depends if the O2 was bad to begin with or wired incorrectly -> common problem with B16A1 2x o2 sensored motor

Typically hesitation problems are from either running rich (not strong enought spark) or bad timing. That doesnt seem to be the problem here as it is a stock ECU, stock program.

i think from the description it is a OBD1 set up...

ie one heated 02 sensor...

(VTEChnique - is it a OBD1 engine?)

teh MAP code needs to be sorted as a priority over the o2 sensor code i guess?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    AGREED.
    btw: it must be OBD1 if ecu is a P30.