Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 Civic EG5 with JDM B16
    as the B16A is from a JDM Del-Sol SiR-II, it is OBD1, and also the JDM B16A only has the single O2 sensor - only USA and Maybe AUS have the dual o2 sensors..

My plugs are probably fouled by now from the Limp-mode running sooooo rich.. If I get time tonight, i'll take out my plugs and have a look, but prob wont have time before it gets dark to clean the plugs..

When is the site, forum going to be ready? Cant wait for your site, its looking great

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    VTEChnique, has your P30 been socketed ?

Tinkerbell, I think your right ELD just trips MIL, Knock can trip Limp and MAP will trip Limp

PROECU P30 do come in OBDII eg P30 G02

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Have you checked ur plugs? You probably would have, but if the engine has been lying around in a 1/2 cut for awhile it may have gotten some sort of moisture in the plugs and/or leads and could be causing the car to missfire.. a possible reason or addition to why your trottle is mesed up..

Your cam timing isn't retarded you said right? Get ur ignition timing checked and adjusted.
    It still sounds like an ECU problem to me, are you sure its all wired up properly?
    The guy who did my conversion did a ****ed up job of wiring the ECU so I had to get it rewired and 95% of the problems were gone or not noticable afterwards
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow
    Quote Originally Posted by sikcivic
    When is the site, forum going to be ready?
    I Set Up a temporary Forum for Our Club why the real one is being setup on a home based server. Feel free to post shit up. Theres a little catch while trying to log on, but look in the problem thread to see how to rectify the problem.

VTEChnique

- Kyle

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    man youve had some unlucky shit there... the map sensor runs off the vacume hose which enters the intake man closest to the engine side of the intake man. just above the TB. the hose definatly runs to the fiewall... so I'd say the idiots havn't put it on there. Its pretty hard to miss.

Oh and the o2 sensor may need to be rewired into the loom seperatly as well, I'm pretty sure i remember something like that.

Member Array
    Car:
    MAP >> well on the usa version of my engine, it's on the firewall.. is in my Haynes manual.. but the ausdm has it on the tb.. i looked at some old photos..
    jdm b16 is on firewall.. aus ek4 is on tb..

Was just outside with a light, and it just aint there as far as I can tell..so basically there's no MAP sensor there, and buggered if I can find a spare plug for it !!

what is the thing on the firewall side of the intake plenum ? it has a couple of vac hoses and one sensor to a plug (similar to the knock sensor plug).. I checked and it is the right plug as the one i thaught was the knock sensor only reaches the knock sensor and vice versa.

FYI >> the engine was sitting in a workshop for a max of 4 weeks.. was out of a running car (private import JDM Del-Sol SiR-II Transtop).. but plugs are prob fouled from the rich mixture.. i'll take the plugs out and replace when i've fixed the MAP sensor and ELD problems.

I will take some pics tommorow after KB swings by..

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    sounds like its your map sensor and I know the owner of the Del-Sol... sad story behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by VTEChnique
    MAP >> well on the usa version of my engine, it's on the firewall.. is in my Haynes manual.. but the ausdm has it on the tb.. i looked at some old photos..
    jdm b16 is on firewall.. aus ek4 is on tb..

Was just outside with a light, and it just aint there as far as I can tell..so basically there's no MAP sensor there, and buggered if I can find a spare plug for it !!

what is the thing on the firewall side of the intake plenum ? it has a couple of vac hoses and one sensor to a plug (similar to the knock sensor plug).. I checked and it is the right plug as the one i thaught was the knock sensor only reaches the knock sensor and vice versa.

FYI >> the engine was sitting in a workshop for a max of 4 weeks.. was out of a running car (private import JDM Del-Sol SiR-II Transtop).. but plugs are prob fouled from the rich mixture.. i'll take the plugs out and replace when i've fixed the MAP sensor and ELD problems.

I will take some pics tommorow after KB swings by..
    yeah, need pics...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by SIKCVC
    sounds like its your map sensor and I know the owner of the Del-Sol... sad story behind it.
    sad story behind what ???

Quote Originally Posted by VTEChnique
    what is the thing on the firewall side of the intake plenum ? it has a couple of vac hoses and one sensor to a plug (similar to the knock sensor plug)..
    i *think* you might be refering to the Intake Air Control Valve (IAVC), which controls the idle...

the 2 lines comming off it are meant to be coolant lines that are about as thick as your finger? it has a smallish type plug...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell
    i *think* you might be refering to the Intake Air Control Valve (IAVC), which controls the idle...

the 2 lines comming off it are meant to be coolant lines that are about as thick as your finger? it has a smallish type plug...
    yeah iavc it is!
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.