Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 Civic EG5 with JDM B16
    farr out THANKS TINK - I owe you a carton of Beer or somethng !!

I will take that diagram and try to sort it out.. yeah I will try to use the MAP sensor from the D-series, but problem now ismy D-series is still at the worksho - about 10KMs away.. which in Limp Mode is about 20L fuel HAHAHAHAHA

Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow
    WOW!!! Good info Tinkerbell!!!

Can I ask where you got the info from?

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    GW Tinkerbell!!

I shoulda asked you when i had same/similar problem =)
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

well, this is this sort of stuff that made me famous on honda-tech.com a few years back...

this is the first time i have really made the effort on this forum, i understand that it is appreciated by all and i hope that peeps search for it in the future...

KB - the the info is from my head and all the research i have done over the years...

BTW - the problem hasnt been solved yet, only a solution has been put forward.

we have to wait to see if doing all this actually fixes the problem!!!

it is difficult over the internet...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    All your hep Tink is GREATLY Appreciated !!!

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Lotsa good info.......VTEChnique, I think you'll need to send down a crate (or two!) of beer for Dave hehe

Let us know how you go
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    i still think thisis a warrenty claim. ovbiously the 1/2cut had a map sensor, correct? they didnt swap everything over...
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

yeah - hassle the guys who lost/misplaced your parts!
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    was a private sale.. not from a wrecker's.. not a front-cut.. thus all my problems..

however I will call the previous owner tonight to see if he has the MAP sensor but I suspect he doesnt know a great deal about what's going on under the hood..

Honbits had done a dodgy in relation to the knock sensor.. it was out of a perfectly good running car - so knock sensor would have been Fine, however when I picked the motor up from Honbits, the knock sensor was broken - as though someone hasd tried to remove it without pressing the tab.. and broke it.. then on the weekend, co-incidentally they had a knock sensor sitting in their Cash Register.. hmmm

pls remember to disconnect the negative cable from the battery before re-pinning the ECU...

sorry i forgot to mention it!
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    aharr I went and got my old D-series MAP sensor.. got the wires and plug - any suggestions HOW to wire it in and connect the vac line etc ?? is a job for Saturday..

man I NEEEEED VTEC.. this is the longest i've gone in 5 years without that VRRRAAAAATTTT..

you will need to run new wires (or try REALLY hard to find the wires that are meant to be there) from the ECU

and run a vacuum hose from the throttle body to the map sensor and attach the map sensor to the chassis/engine somehow (i have seen people just use zip ties)

the wires you need to join to the map snsor are the ones listed above:

D17 = MAP signal (white)
    D19 = MAP +5v (yellow/red)
    D21 = MAP ground (green/white)

see the pic above to see which pins these are on the ECU

make sure the battery is disconnected and make a small slice off the ECU wire (dont cut the wires) and solder the new wire to the copper of the existing ECU wire.

make sure you tape up the splice so it wont short out.

then run the wires out into the engine bay and solder them to the wires conecting to the MAP sensor plug. make sure you use tape or shrink wrap here.

then see if this helps.

make sure you do not mix up the wires - make sure you use 3 different colours for each wire...
    B20VTEC - since 2002