Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro

vibrations through clutch pedal

Hey guys, just want to know if cluctch vibrations through the pedal are normal. when its standing still and moving it does it.

Is there anything wrong with the bearing or fly wheel?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S 05
    vibrations when you are engaging the clutch (letting your foot off the pedal and taking off from the lights for example) points to a worn flywheel.but since yours does it while you are driving that is probably not the case
    CHEAPEST PRO DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    mine does the same blabla, it doesnt affect the drivability so i've just ignored it. had this feeling after new clutch/flywheel combo. hoping its normal otherwise ill have a visit with my mechanic
    to you

OzHONDA FTL

I felt a pulsating type vibrations that could be felt through the clutch pedal. Turns out it was a faulty clutch that got replaced. Problem solved.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    explain faulty clutch.
    to you

OzHONDA FTL

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    since no one has any real input i googled and found this article.

Whereas such hydraulic clutch actuators have enjoyed significant commercial success, they have been known to transmit vibrations backwardly through the system from the clutch through the clutch pedal with the result that the operator may experience unpleasant vibrations through the clutch pedal. Specifically, imbalances in the crank shaft of the engine or engine firing impulses are transmitted to the flywheel which undergoes a swashing movement. This swashing movement, in turn, leads to vibration of the spring fingers of the clutch release mechanism which are transferred to the throwout bearing of the clutch, and the vibrations propagate backwardly through the clutch actuator. In particular, the vibrations in the throwout bearing transmit to an output shaft in the slave cylinder which causes the hydraulic fluid in slave cylinder to vibrate which vibrates through the hydraulic fluid in the conduit interconnecting the slave cylinder and the master cylinder. Then, finally the vibrations propagate through the hydraulic fluid in the master cylinder to the input shaft in the master cylinder and to the clutch pedal where those vibrations are experienced by the operator

from this article it might seem apparent this is normal? im sure all my bearings were changed in the gearbox, my clutch/flywheel was new.
    to you

OzHONDA FTL

The fingers were uneven, this cause the pedal vibration/pulsation.

A new clutch fixed it.