Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Hi

I'm still new to the forum, and considering to purchase a 07 Civic Type r (brand new if possible) not for racing or anything just a bit of fun...
    so you guys reckon its worth it? also what is the best price you guys have signed on? the dealer says $44k driveaway, but obvisouly i see some ppl have done $36k?

just want to know whats possible?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by GT05 View Post
    also what is the best price you guys have signed on? the dealer says $44k driveaway, but obvisouly i see some ppl have done $36k?

just want to know whats possible?

Thanks
    That guy who said $36k is bullshitting. He's a compulsive lyer.

I paid $38000 drive away only a week ago for my dec07 civic type r.
    $44k drive away for a 07 built ctr is a ripoff. They are $44k drive away rrp.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    38K drive away is the best price i known so far, have fun with the new civic Type R, I believe it keep looks great in next few yrs. If i am not consider my family and housemate, I will get Type R for sure. Sad to see FD2R not available here, I will get it for sure if it selling here.
    PS: when will you pick up the car and what colour is?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Thanks mate.

Car is being delivered to me late next week.
    Its silver dec07 built, was a demo but only had 85kms on it before i drove it, never registered. With emblem set, mats, and bluetooth.

$38k still sounds really good...was there a lot of talking before that could happen?

Well i really want the Red colour...as thats the classic colour isn't it? but i think Silver can keep the cleanest for longest.

Yeh this car won't be for modifying as my wife will kill me, but i for the price range and looks and interior...its quite a nice little sporty car...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by GT05 View Post
    $38k still sounds really good...was there a lot of talking before that could happen?

Well i really want the Red colour...as thats the classic colour isn't it? but i think Silver can keep the cleanest for longest.
    Lots and lots of haggling. I visited 4 dealers none would go any lower then $39300. Ended up going through a broker, i told him - "find me a CTR in silver with these extras for $38000 and i'll buy it". They came back 3 weeks later with the result.
    I live near newcastle, the broker could only get that price from a South Sydney dealer. But luckily that includes delivery to newcastle.

I wanted it in red at first to, but after studying a red one in person i found that it was way too red (if there is such a thing) mainly because the interior has alot of red in it. It just wasn't for me.
    Last edited by Felix; 22-04-2008 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Lots and lots of haggling. I visited 4 dealers none would go any lower then $39300. Ended up going through a broker, i told him - "find me a CTR in silver with these extras for $38000 and i'll buy it". They came back 3 weeks later with the result.
    I live near newcastle, the broker could only get that price from a South Sydney dealer. But luckily that includes delivery to newcastle.

I wanted it in red at first to, but after studying a red one in person i found that it was way too red (if there is such a thing) mainly because the interior has alot of red in it. It just wasn't for me.
    Would that Sth Sydney dealer be Tynan Honda?

Hmmm, i've never looked at it that way...
    I will have to go and take a second look.

haha thanks

because i really like the interior...looks really well done...and the swade red on the door trims are great.

actually the handling is not bad out and about? if you want to turn faster or go for a nice drive through some windy roads? they do ok?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 Honda Civic Type R

No regrets!

I Must say I absolutely love driving my NHB FN2R. Have never had any problems with it (touch wood) - no third gear issue, did have rattle noise from front passenger seat but realised it depends on the position and if the set belt clip was tapping it. Always gets noticed around town and heaps of compliments. You will not regret buying one. I believe it has a cult design inside & out, will continue to look like a concept car for years to come.

My only issues with the car is the oversteer when pushing the limits on corners - which will be fixed very soon with a Quaife LSD on order. The FM reception is crap - always cuts out on me for no aparent reason - note the possible change to the UK navigation pack or the Pioneer-AVIC HD3 double din.

I bought mine for $45K drive away back in august 07 with all the extras, front/rear spoilers, mud guards, footwell lighting, bluetooth, boot tray, ipod adapter, exended warranty. Wish I could have got the navigation pack - am looking to buy the parts from the UK and install. I've know of someone getting the same for $39,990 drive away a couple week ago. Just haggle between 3 dealers and I'm sure you'll get a great deal. If your in Melbourne PM me and I can put you in touch with my Sales Rep - never dissapoints.

I was told from a reliable source that Honda will not be selling the the FD2R here in Australia as it does not meet emissions standards for one - you will be able to get it as a grey import at some stage im sure. I still think the FN2R looks better inside & out - but we all know the FD2R performs a little better. Supercharge the FN2 and you'll be rockin!

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldie View Post
    You will not regret buying one. I believe it has a cult design inside & out, will continue to look like a concept car for years to come.
    yeh i love the looks of it, so sexc

My only issues with the car is the oversteer when pushing the limits on corners - which will be fixed very soon with a Quaife LSD on order
    i think u mean understeer, fwd mainly understeer out of corners, and yes an LSD will make a massive improvment in that sense

I bought mine for $45K drive away back in august 07 with all the extras, front/rear spoilers, mud guards, footwell lighting, bluetooth, boot tray, ipod adapter, exended warranty.
    not a bad price at all, considereing 45k includes all the extras

I was told from a reliable source that Honda will not be selling the the FD2R here in Australia as it does not meet emissions standards for one
    i dont think emmisions is the reason, i can garantee u the fd2r is ALOT cleaner than most if not all local cars

i agree it is unlikely that honda will ever bring the fn2r here, but it wont be coming as it will clash with the fn2r, i dont see honda selling 2 civic type Rz

you will be able to get it as a grey import at some stage im sure. I still think the FN2R looks better inside & out - but we all know the FD2R performs a little better. Supercharge the FN2 and you'll be rockin!
    hmm, not too sure about that

it may be a possibility, but i think it wont be allowed since honda is already selling a CTR here, so the fd2r, although completley different is still a CTR

im pretty sure import laws protect manufacturers, u cant bring in an identical model of the same year as a grey import

but if the fd2r came out a year b4 the fn2r, then u can definetly bring it in

this is exactly like wat happnd here with the EK9, it clashed with the local variant, EK4 or something, im not entirely definite on this, ill have to check wat model it was

I still think the FN2R looks better inside & out - but we all know the FD2R performs a little better. Supercharge the FN2 and you'll be rockin!
    yep, fn2r is better loooking

but, IMO, the fd2r is in a whole other leauge, MUCH MUCH better than the fd2r

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfqN_DDkppc

have a look at this, although not the fd2r, but still..

as for supercharging the fd2r, lol, too much torque in the front i reckon, lol
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Iote the possible change to the UK navigation pack.. am looking to buy the parts from the UK and install.
    I'd love to be in on some of that action. Might work out cheaper if there is a few of us ordering the parts. Not sure if they would have Aussie maps though - otherwise it would be pretty useless.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CTR FN2R
    yer ive got 3rd gear issues too...btw where on ur doors have u noticed the rust?