Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    formally fn2
    3rd gear problem would occur on a "lazy shift" when i first got the car but hasnt happend in awhile now. 16k on odo at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by LD_Mart View Post
    my 3rd gear is the only problem i have...
    seems as if im forcing it in sometimes..if i say something to honda will they know about the problem and fix it...
    but besides that i love it...
    hmm just dont drive to hard
    so far i dont have problem with 3rd gear

Quote Originally Posted by Thachng View Post
    More problems, my rear passenger side wheel arch popped out. was driving and heard this massive creeking noise.

Also do you think its quite slow, atm all I'm thinking vtec is good for is just alot of noise.
    LOl, did you mean the plastic that stick around the arc and connect to side skirt and rear,
    mines scrub with tyres and i drive it everyday , it hasnt pop out yet
    FN2 - FD2 - EGH2B(SOON)

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    Quote Originally Posted by Thachng View Post
    More problems, my rear passenger side wheel arch popped out. was driving and heard this massive creeking noise.

Also do you think its quite slow, atm all I'm thinking vtec is good for is just alot of noise.
    I know that we would all like to buy a brand new car and have nothing go wrong-infact that's how it should be!
    Every manufacturer has to a certain extent, some problems associated with their cars -includes Honda.
    I thought I'd give just one example on a Golf GTI 2007 model.This poor owner has had numerous and significant things go wrong with his car take a look at the list :

"
    to date i have had...

- new turbo
    - new door trim (took 6 months to get here)
    - 1 new rim
    - 3 new tyres from various incidents... nothing to do with the manufacturing of the car
    - electrical/ software problems with my doors and mirrors
    - numerous rattles
    - engine check light came on last week (still to be diagnosed)
    - coolant leak off turbo
    - goes through almost a litre of oil every 5-6000kms
    - soft touch plastics have had the rubbery surface peel off
    - centre console compartment jamb shut and coin compartment break
    and now this... and im sure theres still a few more i have left out. "

I think this was in response to a fellow GTI member- Today he added another problem to his list-he couldn't get the filler fuel cap latch to work -he had to break the plastic housing in order to operate the latch to open the fuel cap.

Subaru,well they recently had to suspend sales and production of the 2.5 litre turbo engine vehicles-apparently there seems to be a "knocking" sound coming from within the engine.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/11785/subaru-suspends-25-litre-turbo-sales/

Last ,but not least ,it seems the JDM FD2 Type R has been issued with a recall notice because of an ECU problem that can potentially stop the car dead in it's tracks.

http://eightgc2.forumup.com/about2686-eightgc2.html

Yep,as cars become more complex/sophisticated, I'm afraid we will encounter problems- I certainly have throughout the years.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    O oh..... what are honda getting them selves into....

Honda UK seems to be full of overpaid pommy union labourers that can't build to the same quality as the thais.. I'm pretty convinced the FD2 is of a superior build quality than the FN2..so basically you're paying a premium for the FN2's improved design, comfort, and uniqueness.

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    Quote Originally Posted by Reothe View Post
    Honda UK seems to be full of overpaid pommy union labourers that can't build to the same quality as the thais.. I'm pretty convinced the FD2 is of a superior build quality than the FN2..so basically you're paying a premium for the FN2's improved design, comfort, and uniqueness.
    You may be right.Although some OZhonda members have had qualilty issues with their FD.
    The Brits better start looking at their quality NOW! .The second Honda plant in Thailand(not built yet) I'm sure, could very well have the capacity to supply the European market and others(incl: Australia.)
    I have to say with my own FN2 the quality,fit and finish has been very good indeed.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    My problems so far with my civic

Third gear problem, but happen very2 rarely, im at 12k atm

the clutch is clicking and creaking, service guy said the bushing for the clutch is broken, i need to wait another 2 weeks to get the whole clutch assembly to be delivered from japan
    Triangular exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    ^????????????

y would it be coming from japan and not the U.K?
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Some crucial parts in the drivetrain and the engine are still manufactured in Japan I believe. Honda UK is mainly responsible for design, assembly, and interior finish, but even then they can't even mould plastics to the correct fitment..cough cough cough.

Quote Originally Posted by Reothe View Post
    Some crucial parts in the drivetrain and the engine are still manufactured in Japan I believe. Honda UK is mainly responsible for design, assembly, and interior finish, but even then they can't even mould plastics to the correct fitment..cough cough cough.
    they also modified k20a to z, so it has less kw, less hardcore but more grunge and more fun lol
    FN2 - FD2 - EGH2B(SOON)

Well took it in for its 1st service today. Told them them about the rust on the door and they were really sorry for it kept on going on about how it's unusual and that this problem will go all the way back to where honda makes it and they will make sure it never happens again. Personally I didn't really care all that much What was important was that they are booking it in to get the rust remove and the door resprayed.

They also said 3rd gear was not a problem. one thing was that the service was free. on my jazz 2 years ago it costs me $50 for the motor oil

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red FN2R
    HEHE ive got 14 days till i pick up mine... hows counting.. OMG i am so excited :P