Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DIY: CTR Pedal Installation

Not my write up. I found this and thought it will be useful for others as i looked online for sometime for write ups and couldn't find any. So take a look below:

tools needed:
    Drill. ( not sure what size yet, but ill edit later.
    Rivet gun.
    needle nose plyers.
    14mm deep socket.
    14mm shallow socket.
    ratchet.
    3.8 extension.
    flat head.
    patience.
    persistance.
    common sense.

Also, IF you're a large person, in any way, by any definition of large, you wont be able to do it the same way.
    You'll have to remove the steering column and pull out the entire pedal assembly and brackets. But the good news is, You'll still have to pull out a cotter pin on the clutch push rod.
    OK so i know what youre thinking. why hasnt he done all 3?
    We'll get to that later.

Doesnt really matter which pedal you want to start with, I just started with the accelorator. The first thing you need to do is remover the steering column cover. Just pull on it. It pops off.

Next you'll want to Disconnect the throttle cable. It slides out sideways. You can do this with your hands.

Then take a flat head screw driver to pry on the cotter pin to straighten it out. Use needle nose to remove the cotter pin and the pedal can be removed.
    Installation is the opposite of course.

Next is the clutch pedal. This is a little more difficult. First remove the 14mm nut pictured. Then put the socket on the bolt on the other side, back it off and tap it out with a hammer.

Once that's done you can remove the cotter pin the same way you did on the accelorator. then you slide out the rod for the clutch master push rod.

again installation is reverse.

and this is what youll end up with.

I don't believe the ek9 pedals come with 2 pedals and then just one cover. We get 3 pedals so i removed the section in regards to just drilling into the pedal =P

The original article can be found here : http://www.jdmcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77549

Thanks,
    EVOLUTIONOZ - The Australian Evo Community

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    so its basically drilling holes into stock pedals to pop rivert the ctr style pedals in?
    where would you get the ctr style pedal covers?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    pretty sure JDM yard sells ctr pedals..
    good write up dude =] thank you!

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    i know they sell the pedal kit, which includes the pedal arms. but just the cover?

Quote Originally Posted by simonnowis View Post
    i know they sell the pedal kit, which includes the pedal arms. but just the cover?
    no no i meant that i removed that section because we here get the actual pedals all three of them. =)

if only it was a matter of drilling that would of made life easier for me ahahah. Yes jdmyard to sell it.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    good write up

Member Array
    Car:
    gogomobile
    So why didn't you do the brake pedal ?
    "When a man has reached the stage of having just about everything a woman could ask for, she usually does."

/Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Learn how to detail properly

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by VTECACCORD View Post
    So why didn't you do the brake pedal ?
    lol i've done it =P this is just an article i found ahahah. im just bringing it here coz i never saw one wen i was doing mine. =)

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    the CTR Pedals are the entire arms for accelerator, brake and clutch. they are no "covers" and a drill is not required.

remove old arms, install new arms. need 14mm spanner/socket, pliers, and gloves or bandaids
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    Camry
    Quote Originally Posted by zco View Post
    the CTR Pedals are the entire arms for accelerator, brake and clutch. they are no "covers" and a drill is not required.

remove old arms, install new arms. need 14mm spanner/socket, pliers, and gloves or bandaids
    I've got my JDM DC2R pedals sitting here uninstalled for well over 3 months.
    Just looking underneath the dash scares me.

Member Array
    Car:
    gogomobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazaf View Post
    I've got my JDM DC2R pedals sitting here uninstalled for well over 3 months.
    Just looking underneath the dash scares me.

Your not the only one, I have had mine sitting there for a year. Accelerator pedal was a bitch on it's own.
    "When a man has reached the stage of having just about everything a woman could ask for, she usually does."

/Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Learn how to detail properly

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    nice knightmare :P

pfft i was told this is hard, might have to recheck my agenda and do this..