Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    u've heard bad things from a guy who heard from another guy?

half the people havn't had real experience with it on their cars

might seen it pop or break but it could be due to the driver also

Quote Originally Posted by .QD View Post
    My options are Buddyclub N+, Tein SS or Tein CS. Thats whats in consideration atm.
    Why? Because they are 'coil-overs', and not 'shocks / springs'? Because your mates have them? Because they look nice? Because they are 'cool'?

Don't fall in love with the sexy exterior of a typical 'coil-over' unit, that's usually where most of the $s have been spent, i.e. to make them look pretty! Despite looking nice such 'coil-overs' are usually pretty ordinary and a triumph of marketing over substance.

Being 'coil-overs' doesn't make such products better than a top quality damper paired with an appropriate spring, and certainly not at the outrageous price you mention for the Tein CS 'coil-overs' (i.e. $2900, comparison; Koni dampers X 4 = approx $1000, and good springs X 4 = way less than $1000).

Did you read that article?

having height adjustability is awesome - i bought koni shocks and have been through 3 sets of springs. its still not right but i cannot justify spending more money on suspension.

so, if i got coilover sleeved springs (like GC Sleeves) or coilovers, then i could've avoided all this headache.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If you don't need height adjustability, I'd go for Eibach+Bilsteins. They are shitloads more comfortable than Tein SS, yet performs just as good if not better.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal View Post
    having height adjustability is awesome - i bought koni shocks and have been through 3 sets of springs. its still not right but i cannot justify spending more money on suspension.

so, if i got coilover sleeved springs (like GC Sleeves) or coilovers, then i could've avoided all this headache.
    I'm not picky, I haven't adjusted my height since I got mine installed in.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    If you don't need height adjustability, I'd go for Eibach+Bilsteins. They are shitloads more comfortable than Tein SS, yet performs just as good if not better.
    That's because they are very high quality suspension components, as opposed to ... 'coil-overs'.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, R6
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm_kid View Post
    when you heard bad things, why dont you share? lol
    Ive heard that they are Taiwanese made and and mass produced, quality is not good. Some last for years and others fail after months, no constancy in the product, you cannot have them repaired like tein and Buddy Club.

Just wondering, are the Buddyclub coilover redeveloped/revalved (if thats the term) for Australian conditions like the Tein you get from Fulcrum/fulcrum tein reseller/distributor?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Reviving and old thread.

Does anyone know of any stockists/suppliers of BC (Bor Chuann not BuddyClub) Racing BR coilovers in Melbourne?

If not, where did you Melb BC owners get your set from?

Member Array
    Car:
    fd1
    Look overseas, i bought mine for 600$ 2nd hand from singapore including delivery, an intake and a spoon gear knob rofl.

As for a review... I have done a lot of track work on them from motokhanas, sprints and circuit and...

Pros:

- cheap
    - replacement bodys are 99$ us lols
    - for entry level motor sports pretty good
    - cheap
    - cheap lol
    - Last a fair while, if the guy i bought it off wasnt lying, he had put on a tad over 30,000km of track work before I bought them, and after installing them on my fd, I put on another 30-35,000km of daily/track mileage. The first to go was the damper adjustment which siezed up on 3/4 coilovers. Followed closely was a blown rear cylinder.
    - good on smooth surfaces

Cons:
    - reliability
    - support in aus, (no one will rebuild)
    - dust boots died in the ass fairly quickly
    - the coilovers are harsh as fk for daily driving, particularly on hill climbs on uneven surfaces, makes the car sketch as hell.
    - no camber adjustment (dunno about the revision)

im sure there are a few more things that ive missed out on but that gives you a general idea.

all in all, 1850 for a set is a rip off and a half! I probably woudnt go back to BC unless I was really really in the sh*ts with funds.
    2012 BMW S1000rr - 184whp, 9.733s @ 148.27mph - Quick enough!
    2006 Honda Civic - 101whp, 61s BBGL Short - When I need a bbt.

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by isami View Post
    Reviving and old thread.

Does anyone know of any stockists/suppliers of BC (Bor Chuann not BuddyClub) Racing BR coilovers in Melbourne?

If not, where did you Melb BC owners get your set from?
    On the Run Motorsports In Clayton

Member Array
    Car:
    CR-V
    Quote Originally Posted by .QD View Post
    Hey All, just wondering if anyone have these installed and can provide any info or feedback. If they are any good. How they compare to other major brands.

Would like to lower my car (Accord Euro) but do not want to loose the ride comfort and so on. Can get these for $1850 supplied and fitted.

Thanks.
    Don't get things wrong. BC BR series (the new gold ones) are excellent, had it in my car for half a year and it's like a dream. If you get the older version (purple ones) they're prone to leak just like any other G4 or D2 crap.

Height Adjustbility - very good, took me 15 mins/side to increase the height of my car to pass pits
    Ride stiffness - 20F and 20R is great for normal/hard street use.
    Quality - packaging was great, fitment was no hassle and direct, no leaks.

$1800?? you better shop around. I can get this supplied and delivered to you in 4 working days (back at 4 months ago) for only $1300, shame there wasn't much interest. Even whole sale suspension (OZ dealer) goes out for $1500