Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    ive had Bc racing coilovers on my type s for 4 months now and havnt had a problem. i got mine for 1700 installed. the bc racing model is actually based on tein flex coilovers, this model was started by the owner of wholesale suspension in blacktown who sought to have a good quality coilover aimed at our market without the comparably rediculous price of some japanese brands. i stand by them, they provide a nice ride on full soft and firm up well when set to 2/3 stiff.
    once more they have a 1 year warranty and wholesale suspension provide full replacement parts and rebuilding upon inspection. gluck fixing buddyclubs you buy from overseas as easily!

Member Array
    Car:
    fd1
    you guys paid far too much im sorry to say
    2012 BMW S1000rr - 184whp, 9.733s @ 148.27mph - Quick enough!
    2006 Honda Civic - 101whp, 61s BBGL Short - When I need a bbt.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by stevanbonic View Post
    ive had Bc racing coilovers on my type s for 4 months now and havnt had a problem. i got mine for 1700 installed. the bc racing model is actually based on tein flex coilovers, this model was started by the owner of wholesale suspension in blacktown who sought to have a good quality coilover aimed at our market without the comparably rediculous price of some japanese brands. i stand by them, they provide a nice ride on full soft and firm up well when set to 2/3 stiff.
    once more they have a 1 year warranty and wholesale suspension provide full replacement parts and rebuilding upon inspection. gluck fixing buddyclubs you buy from overseas as easily!
    Which series where they? VA series coz thats what wholesale sussy are saying they can supply and fit ye i have been priced the same fitted, height adjusted, and wheel aligned front to rear $1700.

http://www.bcracing.co.nz/index.php?...va-design.html (NZ WEBSITE)

http://www.bc-racing.com.au/products.html (AUS WEBSITE)
    Last edited by blabla; 03-11-2009 at 02:28 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    Which series where they? VA series coz thats what wholesale sussy are saying they can supply and fit ye i have been priced the same fitted, height adjusted, and wheel aligned front to rear $1700.

http://www.bcracing.co.nz/index.php?...va-design.html (NZ WEBSITE)

http://www.bc-racing.com.au/products.html (AUS WEBSITE)
    thats a good price mate, i paid 1780 for sussy install and alignment. yeh i have the va series from wholesale in blacktown

http://www.i-club.com/forums/vbartic...e&articleid=10

a review i found on BC BR coilovers for a STi

Quote Originally Posted by kccord View Post
    Ride stiffness - 20F and 20R is great for normal/hard street use
    Is this an error? Those are race-car spring rates, not something you'd run on a car that sees regular street driving. No wonder people complain about harshness. Get a real damper and enjoy softer springs.

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    real damper????

thats just his personal settings
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    Is this an error? Those are race-car spring rates, not something you'd run on a car that sees regular street driving. No wonder people complain about harshness. Get a real damper and enjoy softer springs.
    I believe he is talking about damper settings, as in 20 from soft out of the many available clicks . I have turned the knobs on my BCs (the crappier V1s and no I didn't put them near my Honda) and I can't tell the difference, I noticed more difference from tyre pressure changes.

I'm glad I misinterpreted the numbers. Regardless, the damper adjustment is not there to control comfort, it's there so you can get the right damping for your specific spring (for which your damper would have been made for a variety of rates). Regularly adjusting your knobs if a sure-fire way to a poor handling car.

Member Array
    Car:
    cd5 accord
    ive just got B.C's on my accord, direct fit, and feel awesome at the moment, but only time will tell like everything else,
    people that say ive heard things without actually having these things on there cars dont need to be posting in here, they have been revised now and the quality seems soo much better than the previous B.C's ive seen and fitted/used before, im hopeing it was $1300 well spent, im oretty sure it will be,
    you can get them from a mob in sydney i dont know if i can post there name on here so if you wanna know pm me or if a mod tells me i can post there name on here i will!

Member Array
    Car:
    fd1
    Again from personal experience, 1300$ is probably too much for the BC's.

I spent under 600$ to get mine shipped to my house and even then the head ache a year (30,000km) later when the shocks blew out, coupled with seizing adjustment knobs was definately not worth it when I reflect back now.

Personally i'd sell them and spend the extra couple of hundred to get a reliable set.

If it is for the purposes for track, i also withdraw my statement of suggesting the BC as a decent entry level as back then I had no idea the difference that a reliable tuned set up could make.
    2012 BMW S1000rr - 184whp, 9.733s @ 148.27mph - Quick enough!
    2006 Honda Civic - 101whp, 61s BBGL Short - When I need a bbt.

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    I installed a set of BC Coilovers BR series to my type S

It has been 3 months since i had it

and here is my thoughts

once installed i had it on soft. maybe 10 clicks from soft.

the ride was bouncy but not harsh as expected. felt like stock to be honest.

after a few weeks i put it to 15 from soft. and it was much more noticeable felt every bump and pothole. but i actually liked having the harsh ride since it was my weekend car and i use to frequent to natio park.

few weeks ago i set it back to 12 and to be honest its perfect ride. the coils are most likely settled in so having it softer is actually still firm and not too bad

there is less body roll and it handles like its on rails now. can push the car into corners at much more speed.

i rate this 8/10
    a must for any car enthusiast who doesnt want to spend too much on coils.