Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '08 Odyssey Lux
    so i should just take the H11 kit?

ok then! *fiancee is going to kill me....*

sorry to bring back old topic.
    to those who have upgrade to HID, did you guys removed the whole headlight or not?
    if yes, could I have any hints of the locations of the bolts?
    Thanks.

** haven't installed HID on mine but did play around **

not really need to remove the whole headlight. drive side is pretty easy to access, just unplug the wire before un-screw the bulb. passenger side is pretty headache, disconnect the battery then totally remove it in order to gain access of the bulb. this time un-screw the bulb before unplug. btw, it should has instruction on owners manual......

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    There is no need to remove the headlights. As Aus mentioned it is like changing your light bulbs. Difference is that the wires now plug into the HID ballast first, then the ballast to the HID bulbs and finally the bulbs fit in like regular halogen bulbs.
    What I did do was to remove the front bumper so that I could hide the ballast under the headlights.
    Things to note, you can use automotive double sided tape or plastic straps to secure the ballast to the car body. The ballast itself should not generate heat. Try to keep it away from direct heat, hence under the headlight casing might be a logical place.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the replies Aus and Evo
    yeah, the driver side looks easy enough, but the passenger side looks very very tight.
    Will have a look at the manual as well.
    Thanks again.

anyone care to share whats the cut off like? planning to built retrofit using oddy projector.
    simple - I sell wheels clicly

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 RB1
    Hi Guys,

First timer here. Hope your expertise can help my noob ass in sussing out HIDs for my odyssey (06 facelift). From the previous reading looks like i need H1 for hb and H11 for lb and 4300k seems the way to go.

Now can anyone help recommend a good brand? where to get them in Melbourne? and also fit them. Don't trust my own DIY.

btw went to autobarn and asked around just for fun, dude there said something about HB1 and HB4 (obviously wrong from the previous replies above) and Philips are like 500bucks for the set up and another 100 for fitting? even my noobass can tell thats alittle steep but then again what the heck its autobarn.

Any help at all will be much appreciated.. Thanks alot yall. and happy new year!

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    You can get a slim HID kit for less than $100 in ebay. You don't have to go with a praticular brand because i'm using it as well. If you're fussy, buy the HID kit from www.plasmagarage.com because they're using Phillips ballast. You can go a workshop to fit them or some members here in melbourne can help you as well.
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    I got this H11 set in 4300k from e-bay quite some time ago

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MARS-BluePack...item2c52656e38

Not the cheapest, but I haven't had any problems and I installed it myself
    Old man that drives slow cars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 RB1
    thanks Atjo and Evo and congrats on the new kid!

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    A useful site from WA. It also shows HID colours for different colour temperatures (scroll down).

http://www.delonixradar.com.au/hid-xenon/

And also

http://www.delonixradar.com.au/hid-x...lour-chart.php
    Last edited by SPQR; 08-01-2010 at 10:37 PM.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 RB1
    Hi guys,

just fitted the HIDs. Unplugging it from power source off the original light bulb is probably the biggest pain. Hey where do you guys mount the ballast on the passenger side? I'm trying to avoid double-sided tape unless i really have to. Trying to use the metal plates that comes with it if possible.

Thank you