Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 2.4 Vti 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen8512 View Post
    but how much would you guys pay for the whole thing and what would be considered a good price including on road costs etc? cuz no one obviously pays RRP these days.....
    Had my Vti accord for 2 weeks now, and I think I pretty much got close to driveaway price consider it also includes tint, fog light, and reverse parking. The only thing I forgot to ask for is carpet matts which I ended up paying $150 for. It is important to decide on what options and acessories you want before bargain. They usually take you to another department after signing the contract for all the accessories and that where they try to get more $$ off you (esp the exterior and interior treatment for $800?!?!, in my opinion it makes no difference to the appearance of the car). Forgot to mention, you must ask for full tank petrol and have it on the contract (same goes with every other extras you asked). They frgot to have full tank for me on the day of delivery lucky I had it on the contract. We drove to fill it up and costs $70 to fill 3/4 of tank.

It really depends on who you talk to. I have been to 4 Honda dealers and you can really tell who wants your business and who doesnt. One dealer (30km from my home but I happen to be in the area that day) ask me if I can come back another day and they are not even busy!! (its Thursday afternoon, day before easter), and he was suppose to call me back but never happened. So I went to another dealer and got the deal on the very same day.

I guess it all depends how much stock they have left and whther they are reaching their monthly target. I havent seen a lot of New Accord on the road but appearantly the sales told me most of Accord he sold are V6 and there is a bit of waiting now for it. So I guess you can bargain harder for the Vti. Especially for the luxury version which in my opinion $6500 extra for leather trim/sunroof/extra air bags is a bit too much. Try $6000 or lower as you starting point.

Hope this helps and good luck
    Last edited by oz_accord; 11-04-2008 at 09:42 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    Good opinion~

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by oz_accord View Post
    ...They usually take you to another department after signing the contract for all the accessories and that where they try to get more $$ off you....
    I would not buy those dealer accessory things like paint and interior protection, Honda body kits, Honda grilles, etc as such things have been shown (in consumer magazines and motoring magazines) to be dealers' cream. Those sorts of things contribute extremely little to resale value. The average mug buying a second hand car wouldn't even know that the Honda accessory grille is somehow special and justification for you trying to get more money.

Even tinting is over priced from a dealer. And if Bluetooth remains the non-integrated thing that Honda insists on doing then you are better off getting aftermarket.

Tailored Honda floor mats are about the only thing I would consider getting.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    ya, agree, so when i got my accord, i just order the floor mat and get it for free.

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    thanks everyone for your input

but upon closer inspection of the new accord....to put it bluntly i gotta say the styling sucks (no offence to any new accord owners) .... its just my personal preference...

i decided to get something european instead....
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    ya, from my first time to look at it, i think it is boring as well, but once u add-up the mugen kit, that will be difference story, and do not just focus on its looking, more attractive is its inside, comfort and huge room to stay in, it is good value for ur money when u compare with other european car around. anyway, let's know what ur final result of the target.

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Accord V6-L (Black)
    Quote Originally Posted by NTGD View Post
    I know you should be able to achieve at least $38,000 for the Vti Luxury, that's the car I initially go for, but now I got the V6 Luxury one instead and I pretty much paying the RRP as the driveaway price for my V6, I just pay a bit more for the window tinting in the end
    Congrats on the new purchase. BTW, did I mention how much I loooove my new Accord v6-L???

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    I love my new accord as well, bro!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vibe 05
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    I would not buy those dealer accessory things like paint and interior protection, Honda body kits, Honda grilles, etc as such things have been shown (in consumer magazines and motoring magazines) to be dealers' cream. Those sorts of things contribute extremely little to resale value. The average mug buying a second hand car wouldn't even know that the Honda accessory grille is somehow special and justification for you trying to get more money.

Even tinting is over priced from a dealer. And if Bluetooth remains the non-integrated thing that Honda insists on doing then you are better off getting aftermarket.

Tailored Honda floor mats are about the only thing I would consider getting.

How about reverse camera? Does anyone know any aftermarket ones that can be install to the new VTi 08 accord?

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    hi, u can find the aftermarket one from ebay, and if u have no confidence from ebay, u also can get them at local workshop, goodluck!

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Accord V6-L (Black)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double R View Post
    I got the V6 Luxury for $42k driveaway
    WOW! That's $9k less than RRP driveaway. I didn't realise dealers made that much margin. Man, you've got great negotiation skills - you should write a book!

Btw, Congrats on the new car!

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroBro View Post
    WOW! That's $9k less than RRP driveaway. I didn't realise dealers made that much margin. Man, you've got great negotiation skills - you should write a book!

Btw, Congrats on the new car!
    The margin on a car like the Commodore, Falcon, Accord etc (that size car) is around 25%. But, out of that the dealer must pay business overheads such as rent/loan repayments, salaries, electricity, land tax (in regressive/repressive political regimes) etc. However, on top of that margin there is also the so-called dealer delivery fee (the cream) as well as bonuses paid for the manufacturers for achieving or exceeding monthly (and probably half year and yearly) sales targets.

That is why you can get such big discounts. These types of discounts are not available in rural or regional areas where there is only one dealer for the brand of car you want. Hence, if you live in Darwin, you contact a dealer in Brisbane to get a $10,000 discount on a Toyota Landcruiser etc. But then you have the hassle of a non-cooperative local dealer who sneers at you when you need to make a warranty claim or get your car serviced.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.