96 Honda Accord Vti-S
    i have a 96 Accord Vti-S

when i drive it granny stylez i get about 9.8L/100km

when im VTECHing it everywhere its more like 14L/100km

hope dat helpz

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic eg
    I got a 94 EXI auto, non vtec, an engine notoriously known for its crappy fuel economy even more so with the auto trans, its got 229,000ks. anyways..i filled up 60 litres (the tank is 65L in total) to the brim using vortex 95, since then ive driven it to empty trying to get the most accurate fuel consumption figures, my fuel lights been on for ages now, so theres probably about 3 litres left if that. Anyways, the odometer is reading 630km..so given theres a little left in the tank ive calculated 61 litres / 630k = 0.096 k's per litre...* 100k's = 9.6L per 100k. This is probably the best reading ive ever gotten from this car and im really pleased about ( : my driving style was normal gears shifitng at around 3k, and probably 60% highway 40%city..yay...

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    I've never actually done the sums for litre per 100km, but...

Driving style is mix of "granny" and "rev head" as per original description above. I do a mix of highway and city driving, mostly not bumper-to-bumper city though. Fuel is always BP Ultimate 98.

Current Accord '95 CD5 VTI with stock VTEC SOHC F22B engine, manual gearbox, 40psi nitrogen in tyres. For ages I pretty much just hit 400km per tank, usually filling up not much before the light comes on. Recent months have seen it adjust to more about 450km per tank which is quite interesting as I am not sure what has changed...

Previous car was Accord '96 EXI with non VTEC and automatic, no matter what I did it would hit about 350km before fuel light came on. Must have been something wrong with it... A long highway run saw about 420km. Glad it's sold anyway, auto bothered me more than anything. Manual gearbox FTW

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Auto
    When I had my 94 CD5 VTi back in the days , I was basically filling up about 59L (91ULP) for about 550kms every fortnight. so it was about 10.7L/100kms. This is driven with intent in the Sydney suburbs. Gota say it was a very nice car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    1994 cd5 vti F22B1 vtec auto
    215/45R17 40psi allround

Bp 98 Barely reached 500kms
    Caltex 95 Premium 550kms

Both with 10%vtecing lol
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Member Array
    Car:
    eg breeeeze,eg5
    1996 honda accord
    jdm h22a

i pour v-power can hit 500kms+ easily

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Yep as mentioned in another thread, recently I have been running it down to when the fuel light just starts to come on... I'm hitting 550 as well. It sits on the "almost empty" line for like 80-100kms! So guage doesnt work 100% accurate... hehe...

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    I have a fuel light but it never comes on? how big is cd5 fuel tank?
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Quote Originally Posted by 4age8u View Post
    I have a fuel light but it never comes on? how big is cd5 fuel tank?
    Same here mate, my light must be busted.
    I remember back when i first bought my cd5 i drove up with some mates, and got no joke, about 643Km's on one tank and that was just the normal unleaded. Now that's economy! And all from 43 litres
    CD5 is 43 litres i believe? That's how big mine is and it's a 95 Accord.

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    I just filled up tonight, 56.5L so it's definitely bigger than 43!

EDIT: Mine is '95 model also.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    I just filled up tonight, 56.5L so it's definitely bigger than 43!

EDIT: Mine is '95 model also.
    Interesting, how can i know for sure? Because it's never gone more than 43 litres :S

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    I'm not sure if different sized fuel tanks were released with this model. Have you pretty much run it right down to empty? And then kept going some more?

I thought my light was busted but I just never got it down far enough. My gauge is slightly out-of-whack and I can get an extra 100km's when the needle is on the empty line before it drops under and the light shows up.