Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    T80
    Dont see how seat covers affect the temperature inside the cabin...
    OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

BRING BACK THE SPOTTED THREAD

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 Prelude Si
    coz if ur interior is blak it absorbs the heat.
    if u gota white interior it reflects
    иø øиє kиøωs мy sтяuggℓє, тнєy øиℓy sєє тнє тяøuвℓє

Member Array
    Car:
    T80
    I disagree. I had a black interior and it didn't affect the heat at all. My car was silver and it had the stock ek4 interior. However I had tints which really cooled my car down + the fact taht my car was silver which is a lighter colour meant it reflected the light.

I dont think interior colour affects the temperature that much. The main aspects would be window darkness + colour of the exterior.

Think about it. The reason the exterior gets hot is cause the exterior is metal. Metal heats up and obviously that heat travels to the inside. Depending on the the colour of that metal the more or less heat is taken in. The darker it is the more heat is absorbed by the metal and then travelled inside. The lighter the car is the less heat is taken in.

Also think about how much light travels through your windows? Alot right? they are on all sides of your car. Tints reduce the amount of UV rays + Light that pass through the glass ultimately reducing the heat. (You will also see people put that silver stuff on their windscreen as it is the biggest window and the angle its at attracts the most light.)

The only way interior can contribute to the heat of the cabin is either it is heated up from the light passing through the window, which in this situation means the cause is the window or the fact that the AC system is faulty. Which again has nothing to do with the colour of the interior
    OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

BRING BACK THE SPOTTED THREAD

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    My DC4 doesnt.
    neither my ek4, if i leave it on the red then i can feel hot air but as soon as i push to cool it probs at best gives me a little under room temperature or outside temp (normal) not cold or anything... only when i give it a good push itll get a little hot when i say good push i mean atleast 3 gears of good vtec not just the 1st 2nd gear vtec rush.

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    its because of your half white half asian 6 packed hot ass sitting inside.

no really, its probably heat rising from your exhaust under your shifter because of your aftermarket ful sik re exhaust which probably has the heat shield removed.
    If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by bungsai View Post
    its because of your half white half asian 6 packed hot ass sitting inside.

no really, its probably heat rising from your exhaust under your shifter because of your aftermarket ful sik re exhaust which probably has the heat shield removed.
    haha, lolz, nah man as a matter of fact my car is completly stock

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    I had a problem like this after a mechanic did some work, they left a cover or something unattached underneath the gear shift, this meant that during driving all the hot air from the engine came through into the cabin. What gave it away was that the gear shifter and boot got very warm, much like my left arm.

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    Quote Originally Posted by andiiso View Post
    haha, lolz, nah man as a matter of fact my car is completly stock
    sorry...i wasnt talking to you, referring to the OP.

If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    tx3 n/a non 4wd
    Thank you all, your replies are all well thought out and much appreciated. I've decided that instead of taking any of your advice, I'll be driving everywhere naked. That should keep things a bit cooler...

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    let me be the first to say

picsorban

Member Array
    Car:
    tx3 n/a non 4wd
    Thinking of how to do this without getting banned FOR putting up pics...

Member Array
    Car:
    tx3 n/a non 4wd
    Love that bear picture, btw.