Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

MY2000 S2K Hardtop Retrofit

Hey guys, I could not find any information on this using the search function so I hope some of you guys can help me out.

I want to fit a hardtop onto my MY2000 S2K and I've found that I need a mounting kit costing something in the range of USD700 (excluding shipping).

My question is, how/who can I source this locally besides from the dealer because they'd probably want an arm and a leg.

Next is, can anyone recommend a workshop in Melbourne that has experience fitting the kit? I'm not DIY expert and the space I have to work with is not exactly spacious or conducive to this type of work.

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Firstly, a US contact is your cheapest option. Try http://www.hardtopguy.com/.

Secondly, it ain't exactly rocket surgery. I did mine in my garage. Any half competent mechanic could do it.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    I did mine in my garage.
    I know, I know, here's another cookie.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP2 S2000/CL9 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    I know, I know, here's another cookie.

LoL Aus.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    It shouldn't be too hard to fit.
    Otherwise, try the guys at Motorware, if you really cannot be stuffed figuring it out yourself

Thanks guys. I did try searching in www.hardtopguy.com and also s2ki.com but what confused me is the reference of KIT A,B and C.

Also, hardtopguy.com mentioned that their kits are not for right hand drive models. I guess I'll give Motorware a call and see what they'd quote me.

Does anyone know if a trader in the forums who carry the kit?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    There is very little difference between the RHD and LHD kits for a MY2000-2003 S2000.

I bought the rear catchers from the US. That's all you really need if you hardtop comes with the rear latches.

Later I picked up the demister harness and a cluster switch (not the center console one. Haven't wired it up yet though.
    Last edited by AusS2000; 16-04-2008 at 10:25 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Let me know how you go ordering the parts, i bought a hardtop and have the same issues.. cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by toE View Post
    It shouldn't be too hard to fit.
    Otherwise, try the guys at Motorware, if you really cannot be stuffed figuring it out yourself
    Don't go to Motorware...They have shocking after-sales service, both myself and others I know have had extremely bad paint jobs, I WOULD NOT TRUST THEM WITH MY CAR AGAIN...EVER.
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

Hmm, more research required, but I better hurry up while hardtopguy.com still has the promo. He hasn't replied my email yet.

I'll tkae photo's of the connection points and maybe those of you who have done the install can advise me on what I need to get it mounted and the demister working.

BTW, the hardtop is red, my car is grey and I plan to spray the hardtop black to match the front window frame.

S2Krazy Array
    Or just remove the tape on the windshield, and paint the top red?
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Hmmm that'd look good. Grey car, grey windshield and red hardtop. Nice!