S2000
    CLEARED! lol thanks for that :P

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by chriis2k View Post
    Mod: J's racing intake system
    Price: $1250
    impressions/comments: Have not installed this yet. But one of the most baller looking intakes on the market still! supposedly helps gain some in the lower - mid range though eats up some of your top end.
    rating out of 5: 3.5 (for looking awesome lol)

Mod: J's Racing SPL Ex Manifold
    Price: $1500 New
    impressions/comments:
    Great sound (even in a stock car) really opens up in VTEC! Good gains and light as shit!!
    rating out of 5: 5

Mod: J's racing 70rs Single
    Price: $1250 New
    impressions/comments:
    THE BEST SOUNDING EXHAUST EVER! And the gains are great! enough to feel. Also, even though its the stainless version.. it's pretty damn light! backfires on deceleration (with hfc) all day long haha minimal drone, maybe 3-4k rpm depending on throttle positioning
    rating out of 5: 6

Mod: BERK HFC
    Price: about $300-$315 shipped
    impressions/comments:
    I honestly didnt think it was going to make a difference. but once installed, wowza! Not only did the sound of the exhaust turn from HOLY CRAP to OMG WHAT THE HOLY CRAP!! buttt the car actually gets up and going that tad bit faster!! great mod at a reasonable price. I love and recommend this to everyone, even with the stock exhaust on. Stock cat's 43% flow as appose to BERK's 87% is a bargain in my books
    rating out of 5: 5 (the sound of the J's racing exhaust in conjunction with this CAT is enough to get me going!)

Mod: Hard Race Driveshaft spacers
    Price: $200
    impressions/comments: Nothing that i can feel but apparently needed when you lower the S. They look nice when you get the chance to look under the car lol
    rating out of 5: ...1 (because i like the colour)

Mod: ADVAN AD08's
    Price: not sure, bout $1000?
    impressions/comments: The level of grip these tyres withhold is simply out of this world. these tyres really transformed the S! does NOT let go even in the rain. They also look sexy
    rating out of 5: 5!

Mod: ENKIE RPF1's (not sure if these are suited here but might as well)
    Price: again not too sure, 'bout $1000?
    impressions/comments: pretty cheap for a high quality rim. Very light, and does the job! not the biggest fan of them to be honest, have always preferred the volk's range, though these where the only ones i could afford at the time. But with FAT tyres and some nice neg. camber, they actually look great
    rating out of 5: 4

Mod: Whiteline heavy duty front sway bar
    Price: $150 used
    impressions/comments: BIG BIG BIG improvement in the whole car's handling. One of the best dollar for dollar mods you can do to the car! Eliminates body roll, stiffens the whole car up and heavy's up the steering. So much easier to correct the car when sliding the tail out!
    rating out of 5: 5

Mod: KW V3 COILOVERS
    Price: $2700 brand new shipped + customs
    impressions/comments: THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can not believe the transformation from the stock shocks to these!!! Car is literally on rails.
    rating out of 5: 100!

Mod: M-FACTORY 4.57 FD
    Price: $575 shipped
    impressions/comments: AWESOME mod. Probably one of the only mods that you can actually feel an improvement out of. Car accelerates MUCHHH faster then stock. Actually i drove a stock S after i installed the M-factory final drive and absolutely hated it. Felt like i was moving in slow motion.. lol the only downside to this mod is that it howl's like a mother... =\ nevertheless one of the best upgrades you can do to the car
    rating out of 5: 4 (because its very loud, especially highway driving)

Mod: AEM EMS
    Price: $800 used
    impressions/comments: Yet to be installed. Should be good though. Unlimited tuning capabilities! Will update as soon as i tune the car
    Rating out of 5: coming soon... ha
    hey mate im lowering my S soon. Does that mean im need the spacers?

you don't need the spacers just yet.
    only when you start feel shuddering in high rev range. But you get 4 goes at it. wear it down without spacers, with spacers AND then SWAP the driveshafts over, wear it down without spacers again, and then with spacers.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    ^ and how long is that meant to last

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    In reply to greek_rambos2k, this link may help clarify a few things: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/6931...r-lowered-car/
    In short, it isnt a must- rather a preference. But it is recommended that you do change them. So my answer would be yes..

If you add in the spacers, it's just going to wear out in a new spot. so imo, you don't need them until you start feeling a bit of wear in the driveshafts and then change.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Mod: Eibach HONDA S2000 Pro-Kit Lowering Springs
    Price: $370 inc shipping
    Comments: Stiffened up the car a bit. Handling is a bit sharper. Lowered to a nice height. Overall very good
    Rating: 5/5

Before

After

Before

After

S2Krazy Array
    I (unknowingly when I purchased the car) had a set of Eibachs. They were a nice comfy ride.
    Do rate for springs.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    i really like them. although i discovered that my rear left damper is leaking pretty bad. so ill probs get some konis to go with my new springs

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    was probably done by whoever installed the springs, sometimes they hold the shaft
    with vice grips and then rattle gun the top bolt if it is being stubborn.

if the body of the shock goes near the scored area on the shaft they will ejaculate (and not in a good way)

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    kinkyyy