Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honda Odyssey

Honda Odyssey

Hi all,

Just taken delivery of a new 08 Honda Odyssey in black. Pretty happy to be back in a Honda having owned a 04 Euro prior. can't beat the Honda built quality.

A couple of issues I would like to ask the Odyssey owners.

1. headlight seems very dim, maybe I'm used to HID lights. would upgrade to HID soon. does the HID look holegen lights worth it? or really needs a proper HID kit.

2. Brake seems to be quite weak. will it get better once the car run in?

couple of disappointment is that it doesn't come with GPS built in and HID.

but overall it is an excellent family car!

congrat!! another Ody owners
    1/ only installed a set of Osram Night Breaker not HID. improved a bit but not as great as HID i believe
    2/ doubt will get better esp if full loaded with 7 people. may be good idea to upgrade like this http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74374

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Hi Baboo:
    Long time no see. Are you planning a family soon? What makes you jump into family car bangwagon?

Bought my wife a new CR-V last week, taking delivery tomorrow. 1st baby due August. so yap, I am into family car/SUV bangwagon now.. but I am still keeping my 03 Euro.

I guess now we will meet in "Other Hondas" section more often then "Accord CL9" section. Oh, no! I think my wife will force me to read "baby forum" or "parenthood forum" instead of "ozhonda forum".

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Good to see another Odyssey owner! As for your points....

1. Wanted to install HIDs as well, but was told they would be useless in heavy rain, so I scrapped that idea.... but then again there are so many cars running around with HIDs so I could be wrong.

2. You can run in the car for as long as you want, but the brakes will still be as crap.... Maybe you can try Mugen Rotors with Mugen Pads. Heard it's better than stock, but a BBK (Big Brake Kit) upgrade is better. BBKs for Euros should be able to be used for Odysseys, my BBK is also a direct bolt one for Euros. Problem is you will need a minumum of 18"" rims when you change to a full 4 pot BBK

A few other things you might want to consider changing.
    a) Tyres, I think the stock tyres a crap as well especally in the rain
    b) Sway bars... the car rolls quite a bit, thicker sway bars helps. Cusco is the only brand I know that makes them.

Thanks for the advice guys!

I've already ordered a set of HID, maybe stick with 4300k to 6000k range, not going to go to extreme to get higher K HID. reason for upgrading is really for visability at night time! In heavy rain condition the visability will be poor regardless if you have HID or not.

I've also ordered a set of front ENDLESS brake pads, I've tried a ODC with pads upgrades, it really gave alot more confident in braking.
    stock brake is shithouse!

Hey Roger! Congrats on the baby, is it boy or girl? I've got a 6 month old girl, that's the reason I switched to ODC. hehe... CR-V eh? nice! you can put Mugen bodykit LOL!

I concentrate on making the ODC safer first, these are the 2 areas that I find needs attention immediately. Safety is No.1 priority.

evolution, My car came with Dunlops SP sport I think, same as yours?
    I think RB1 came with Yokohama A-spec before. pretty sure Yokos were better tyres.

As for the sway bar, I probably will be upgrade to the JDM ODC Absolute rear sway bar.

Evolution, your ODC is sweet looking. Love your BBK!!

Where did you get that grill? modulo bodykit is so very nice!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Hmmm I've actually been itching to change to HIDs again.......

My stock tires were the Yoko's, had a bad accident before in the rain with those tires in my Lancer. Now running on BS Potenza Re001... like chalk and cheese.

If I'm not mistaken JDM Odyssey's even the Absolute model all come with the same sway bars.

Front grill was ordered and shipped from overseas, its the modulo type zz... should have gotten the Mugen one... looks better. aka_NSX has got the mugen one installed, link here

can you PM me the pricing on that modulo type zz grill?

personally I like the modulo one better.

I have to investigate more on the swaybar, maybe cusco is the one to go?

Hehe, you're going all out on the ODC, when are you dropping in a supercharger ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzDqMowBxIw

must admit the Cusco sway bars are good upgrade for safety issues. have installed their f/r sway bars + low arms. body rolls been reduced even i'm still running stock suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    ...... BBKs for Euros should be able to be used for Odysseys, my BBK is also a direct bolt one for Euros. Problem is you will need a minumum of 18"" rims when you change to a full 4 pot BBK.......
    hey evo, can u let us know more abt the direct bolt of BBK for Euro to RB1 pls. do u have the spec/dimension on yrs BBK? ask heaps of people advising the Spoon kit for Euro needs modification to fit RB1... interesting to know n tks

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Congrats on your new Odyssey

good choice

enjoy and drive safely

cheers

Thanks aka NSX.

your NSX looks mint!

AusAccord, how thick is the new cusco rearsway bar? Odyssey one is tiny I assume similar to accord euros?