Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honda Odyssey

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by C4M View Post
    Funny - seems we are all married to the same person I've been told that I'm not allowed to lower it either. Then again, with 118kw, it's not like the suspension isn't up to the task with the speeds you can reasonably generate around town. If only I could find a simple way to give it the 30kw it's missing without a) breaking the bank, and b) breaking the reliability.

The finance committee has noticed that the brakes on the Oddy are not as good as those on the MY03 WRX which was her old car.

Evolution: I'd be interested in knowing the source for the BBK as well - if you were happy to indicate $$'s as well, that would be interesting - I've not done a brake conversion before, so I don't have a feel for the magnitude of the spend.

Wouldn't mind telling you guys, but I doubt it will help as all my parts were bought in Singapore and shipped over by my brother, so unless you've got somebody to ship the stuff for you, you still may not be able to get the parts in.

The BBK is from a Taiwanese company called JBT, model is mini/small 4 piston calliper set with 330mm slotted rotors. I got the set for roughly AUD$1500 inc shipping. This kit is a direct bolt on without the need to change any other parts. I tried other sources as well before getting the set from Singapore, but all seemed abit pricey.

I e-mailed JBT themsleves, almost ordered their full 4 piston set with 345mm rotors and braided lines...quoted USD$1995 not inc shipping yet. I cancelled the order when I found the mini 4 set.
    I also tried asking for Project Mu normal 4 piston BBK before and it was roughly about AUD$3k not including shipping from the Oz Project Mu distributor.
    Looked at AP racing...roughly AUD$4k

So as you can see, BBK are not cheap, plus to fit the BBk, you will have to change Rims to min 17" to fit and the rim offset and design will also be part of the consideration. Next best thing to a BBK is to just change the Brake pads and brake rotors.

But the safety the upgraded BBK gives is well worth it.

Hope this helps

great info Evo, it helps me to decide which way to go, tks again. i was quoted Greddy 4 pot for AUD3k supplied n fitted but problem is 18" rim to be used which lose the ride comfort esp Sydney roads.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2010 Odyssey
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Wouldn't mind telling you guys, but I doubt it will help as all my parts were bought in Singapore and shipped over by my brother, so unless you've got somebody to ship the stuff for you, you still may not be able to get the parts in.

<snip>
    Thanks Evo - useful to have in the forum to draw on in the future should the opportunity present.

C!

i'm watching this discussion with a lot of interest.
    I too feel the brake in odyssey could do better, but still think BBK is a bit too much.
    I recently replaced brake pads in our Audi to EBC greenpads and the mechanic offer to find out if there's part for Odyssey.
    When I hear more, I'll post it here.

no EBC for Honda Odyssey
    the search continues

Try Japanese brake pads.

Endless, Project Mu....etc

Any pads that fits Accord EURO will fit the Odyssey. They run the same front brake setup.
    Last edited by baboo; 01-05-2008 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baboo View Post
    Try Japanese brake pads.

Endless, Project Mu....etc

Any pads that fits Accord EURO will fit the Odyssey. They run the same front brake setup.
    does that means the calipers on Euro is the same as Odyssey? on the other hand, the mounting bracket and caliper are the same?

might need to clarify, I meant they run the same size and shape brake pads.

Mounting bracket might be different.

ic, read yr post again and i mis-understood sorry......

Hey Steve long time buddy... an Oddy ay

Thought you would have been more tempted with the new Accord V6.
    DLUG Racing

Hey Adrian,

How's going? finish building your house?

Need a 7 seaters mate! the choice is pretty limited it's either Ody, Tarago, Nimbus...etc and you know I'm a HONDA man!

I like the look of the new Accord more than the new Accord Euro.

Quote Originally Posted by baboo View Post
    I like the look of the new Accord more than the new Accord Euro.
    I am totally with you on that one.

Yeah house is good.. been in there for almost a year now, and got a little one on the way, thus my interest/need for something bigger.

I thought there was a ody replacement on the way sometime this year or am I getting confused with the USA one and our one is still a few years off from being replaced?
    DLUG Racing