Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

JDM K20 vs AUSDM K20

hey guys, did a few searchs here n there and on k20a.org but i still wanted to ask you guys.

here is the deal. say i have dc5s A (jdm) and B(ausdm) both have the bolt on parts (I/H/E + Hondata tune by the same person)

power wise would i be expecting the same result or would the jdm be pumping out a lot more??

im just curious because both in stock form the jdm makes significantly more power, however is it the same after a tune and mods???

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Yes the JDM k20 will produce more power, it has better cams and pistons. You'll see around 10kwatw difference after the mods. for example 142kw vs 152kw - so it is quite a bit.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

thanks barefoot for the early reply

how much power would you expect for sale a setup on jdm k20 with toda headers, respectable CAI like injen and a respectable catback 2.5". tuned by a decent tuner. I read most people with similar setup get around the 130-138kw mark on the ausdm setup?

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    so out of interest is it as simple as fitting these JDM parts and change ecu or what's involved?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    ^ You get quality I/H/E fitted and usually about 1 week or so for your ecu Hondata modification and tuning. depending on where you are.

As barefoot said, there is about 10kw difference atw. However there is also a difference in the mid range where the JDM would also make more power, not just the overall peak.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Quote Originally Posted by T-onedc2 View Post
    so out of interest is it as simple as fitting these JDM parts and change ecu or what's involved?
    surely is, and you'll probably several thousand dollars poorer from switching the pistons and cams to it's JDM counter part which is not worth the hassle. The labor involved will cost twice as much as the parts. This is when you'll get after market cams and pistons and be even more in debt hahaha.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Quote Originally Posted by gxiang View Post
    thanks barefoot for the early reply

how much power would you expect for sale a setup on jdm k20 with toda headers, respectable CAI like injen and a respectable catback 2.5". tuned by a decent tuner. I read most people with similar setup get around the 130-138kw mark on the ausdm setup?
    yeah that sounds about right. The only JDM setups i've seen are in swaps. They generally make 140kw+ with decent bolt on's and tune. And if you go hard out and get all the best bolt on's etc... you can expect 150ish kw

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 > CL9 > RE4
    i've seen a comparison on the track (video) somewhere in youtube. the JDM one act faster than the AUSDM / UKDM...

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    but are jdm k20's harder to come by than ausdm?

Quote Originally Posted by barefootbonzai View Post
    Yes the JDM k20 will produce more power, it has better cams and pistons. You'll see around 10kwatw difference after the mods. for example 142kw vs 152kw - so it is quite a bit.
    I agree, The Aus Spec K20A2 v's JDM K20a (ITR spec) with same bolt ons and same tuner, dyno around 10kw more ATW. K20Z1 (ITS) Motor yield slightly better results then the Aus ITR Motor bolt on for bolt on!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    but are jdm k20's harder to come by than ausdm?
    Yes and about double the price too.!

Cheaper to use a ausdm if youre gonna be doing internal mods tho.!

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    Quote Originally Posted by gxiang View Post
    Are you putting this into a DC5 or EP3, because if you arent and its going into say ek / eg toda dont make headers for it. You will need something like R crew, ssr.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.