Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx] View Post
    i can't help but laugh when people take their cars to smaller workshops to avoid being 'ripped off' by evil evil dealerships..... then get results like this

(not having a go at OP, just many people in general)
    actually the workshop is quiet big. but thats beside the point

anyways im goin in today again to finish off the CAI install then ill sort that bit out. not fussed with some of the quotes cos the quality they do is actually quiet good. just not happy with some of the price they quoted with the parts n trial fitting labour.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Euro 06'
    keep us posted on how it goes.

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    do the cai yourself mate.
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EK4R View Post
    actually the workshop is quiet big. but thats beside the point

anyways im goin in today again to finish off the CAI install then ill sort that bit out. not fussed with some of the quotes cos the quality they do is actually quiet good. just not happy with some of the price they quoted with the parts n trial fitting labour.
    If you are happy with the quotes because their quality is quite good, and unhappy with the trial fitting labour, then let them do the reasonably priced parts and do the others (like your CAI fitting) elsewhere!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    If you are happy with the quotes because their quality is quite good, and unhappy with the trial fitting labour, then let them do the reasonably priced parts and do the others (like your CAI fitting) elsewhere!
    its already done. like they trial fitted it already but couldnt get it on

i was happy to pay for labour for fitting the CAI provided they can fit it. that wasnt the problem. problem is they cant fit it after trying and still charging me for it.

i just came back from the work place, i installed the CAI myself...so im going to tell them how come they couldnt do it. i shouldnt be charged for something thats straight forward yet they couldnt install it

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    you ripped off a guy i know by selling your dodgy car to him..
    what goes around comes around
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    fully sick workshop that can't read instruction to install a CAI. Are they fresh off the boat and can't read english?

Quote Originally Posted by zco View Post
    you ripped off a guy i know by selling your dodgy car to him..
    what goes around comes around
    Is this a car with a dodgy chassis ? lol.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    So that's why the workshop couldn't install the CAI...........
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    a honda i guess...
    alot of mechanics these days overcharge. bring them a sports car and quality parts, straight away they think your loaded...

i took my car to mech to get a service, i didnt want to use their crappy oil or the cooper filters, so i bought a 80.00 oil and oem oil filter myself. the mech said to me "wow, you sure dont mind wasting money on your car" at the time i had a set of fgk header, sard cat, rmo1a exhaust, spoon clutch and fly that i wanted installed, so i asked him to install it.

when i went to pick the car up, he handed me the bill which came to a total of 800.00. i was like WTF??? i been jibbed HARDCORE! work was already done, nothing much i could do bout it. didnt want to make a scene, so i paid him.

i know it cost bout 350-400 to have the clutch and fly installed, but paying 400 to have my exhaust installed was a joke! if there was welding involved and he had to supply additional bolts and stuff then it wouldnt be so bad, but the whole system was bolt on, i could've done it myself.

the mech i went to is well known to be cheap. but not in my case...

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    why not just DIY?

its really not that hard to do some stuff by yourself at home.

Member Array
    Car:
    a honda i guess...
    its not, i dont have adequate tools to do it myself, thats why i asked him to install it seeing they got a hoist n all and its a pretty straight forward job.