Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    breeze guess wats inside?

which engine more reliable to Turbo?

Okay well im still at the stage of contimplating whether to go a b16a or a b18c7 engine for my eg. My power goals to gain 140-160 kw atm. I realised that the b18c7 has more than the capabilities to do that whacked on with a nice turbo (t28 muahahahahah), but the down the side of the b18 was the high compression.. and the more Munnies being spent on it. But yer just want your guys 5 cents on which way to go =]

for only 150kWatw, a healthy B16A with low KM would work out most cost effective... yet be as reliable...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    yer dats wat i thought =] thanks for ur 5 cents, u rkn if i was gonna have that b16a as a daily i would need to change the pistons, rods, bearings etc? jus for the safe side (keep in mind im only planning to running round 6-7 psi boost)

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    dont need to change them if you are only planning on runing low boost. just make sure you have a competent tuner who knows what they are doing and uses a tuning tool that they are most comfortable with. tuning will make or break a setup.

Quote Originally Posted by iwantvtec View Post
    yer dats wat i thought =] u rkn if i was gonna have that b16a as a daily i would need to change the pistons, rods, bearings etc?
    nah, from what i have heard a B16A internals in stock form should be good to 150kW provided the tuning is up to scratch...

i.e. full programable ecu and full dyno tune...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

why dont u buy WEQ old d-turbo setup. all internals have been upgraded and to my memory it supports 230kwatw on 22psi. its works out much cheaper than a b series and boosting it. b-series + turbo = wank factor. (only saying that coz u dont have a b-series yet hehe)

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Yeh, stock b16a2 will be cheap and will get your goals if everyone knows what they are doing.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    yeah i know of a b16a that makes 160kw+
    running completely stock internals

No issues at all
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Hey guys, just joined up from over the ditch where luckly for us its nice and cheap to play with these mods, i've found p72 pistons (b18c jdm) will lower the comp on a b16a2 engine with stock pr3 rods and crank, pr3 head works well with the combo too
    Rods bearings etc are generally up to play with your power target , in all honesty a b18c would be the better way to go, once u get a bit of boost u'll want more, what ur budget? I could aid some assistance from here if rquired? i've got a AEBS T-Sleeve b18c block with wiseco 9:1 comp pistons and eagle rods, build cost wise was reletively cheap too

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    why is it that the only turbos that most aussies know of are t25 and t28 !?

and a boosted b16 with a decent turbo setup can easily make 150wkw .... ask deano :P
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    well atm the engine conversion is setting me back round 4 k for the b16a. So i wanna spend a good 3-4 for a nice turbo kit =] if any can offer a engine conversion + turbo for under 8 k dat'll b sweeeeetttt!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i think fatboyz/benson was selling their turbo b16, engine + turbo conversion.

Maybe a drive down spend a few days in SYd and drive back with a boosted b16?
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION