Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1 GPW S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    10k km is low, what year S2000 is this? It will take more mileage for the engine to be run in properly too. How many kms did the stock S2000 have?
    sorry i meant its 10 k km service interval.
    mine has about 40k km extra then the stock one i tested

stick with oem

honda does a lot of r&d into their parts - change only with top shelf brands. i'm guessing the stock system was faster because your aftermarket catback doesnt create enough back pressure

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by <4n'D> View Post
    stick with oem

honda does a lot of r&d into their parts - change only with top shelf brands. i'm guessing the stock system was faster because your aftermarket catback doesnt create enough back pressure
    Maybe, maybe not. I have driven two stock s2ks and both had totally different amount of power as felt by my numb butt. Since my butt could feel a difference it might have been at least 10-15kW! The F20C might be very sensitive to the way it was run in and treated during its life.

Edit: Both were driven within 5 minutes of each other.
    Last edited by aaronng; 27-04-2008 at 09:59 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    the power difference was probably due to intake air temps rather than how it was run in etc. On a hot day, or if your stuck in traffic it will bog down as well.
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Actually yeah I've found that too, particularly after I took the top of the airbox off. In summer, it can bog quite badly if you've been sitting in traffic for a while. Not really surprising considering it was sucking air heated by the headers..