Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Starting a petition to have this fixed properly once and for all

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTIS
    MY FIRST POST!

I noticed the whirring sound for ages but I thought it was bald tyres... unfortunately it wasn't and by the time I read the forums my warranty had run out

I rang Larke Hoskin's Honda today and it's $646 for both of the rear wheel bearings incl. hubs and that's without installation and labour costs...

Anyone got anything cheaper for me?

i noticed a whirring noise on the freeway aswell, sounded like a tyre was a bit flat or something, but checked the tyres and they were all up to spec. didn't have a clue what it was.

luckily on a random service at astoria Honda, they caught the problem and fixed it under warranty. also they replaced the cvt fluid under warranty. fixed both out of good will without me actually reporting the problem to them first.

car had about 85k, and 03 model. repairs were done about 6 months ago, so it was well out of the warranty period. then again, 1 year prior to that, I took the car to have the cvt flushed by honda in prahran, and they charged me 300+.

Goes to show, some dealers will be flexible with warranty and others won't.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTIS
    Quote Originally Posted by preludacris View Post
    i noticed a whirring noise on the freeway aswell, sounded like a tyre was a bit flat or something, but checked the tyres and they were all up to spec. didn't have a clue what it was.

luckily on a random service at astoria Honda, they caught the problem and fixed it under warranty. also they replaced the cvt fluid under warranty. fixed both out of good will without me actually reporting the problem to them first.

car had about 85k, and 03 model. repairs were done about 6 months ago, so it was well out of the warranty period. then again, 1 year prior to that, I took the car to have the cvt flushed by honda in prahran, and they charged me 300+.

Goes to show, some dealers will be flexible with warranty and others won't.
    WOW 03 model? Should I bother trying with other dealers? I'm not very cluey about these things so I'd probably get ripped off

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Great. My 06 is starting the "WHIR OF DEATH"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTIS
    Oh noooo!!!!

I'm still waiting to hear what my mechanic says about sourcing parts otherwise, these look ok:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117895

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Mine just died too on an 06 model.
    If you buy an aftermarket NTN branded one its exactly the same as OEM honda but in different packaging at a fraction of the cost.

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A

Got one here
    Will take $500 for a pair.
    Last edited by EG5; 21-01-2010 at 09:12 PM.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarrchelle View Post
    Oh noooo!!!!

I'm still waiting to hear what my mechanic says about sourcing parts otherwise, these look ok:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117895

I can't see how they look any good. If they are OEM Honda crap, then they are just going to fail again. Honda has a major problem here, as far as I'm concerned, it's surely worthy of a safety recall.

P.S. I signed the petition at top of page.
    Last edited by fundies; 23-01-2010 at 06:40 AM.

I just bought rear bearing hubs from repco. Price $73 each not bad I think.

YMMV

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by fundies View Post
    Great. My 06 is starting the "WHIR OF DEATH"
    Turns out its just the tyre noise ( maxxis ma-v1 ) with an extra 2 large persons in the rear. All good for now at 70K.