Car:
    1992 prelude

Smile Supercharger Or Turbo What Mods?

hey im new to this form i recently bought my honda prelude 1992 si
    it does have alot of balls for a prelude si
    i have already got a power chip for the car
    air intake
    sports exsaust system
    i guess preety standard mods but im looking at buying a turbo kit or supercharger kit to get that extra power
    i have seen on american ebay there is turbo kits for like 1g+ but not sure what to do car has alraedy 200,000 + ks
    but still is very strong just some advise on what to do get the most peformance out of it cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l_f89859243004d33f48ae678505b4b707.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	8767  

another super cheap budget turbo attempt

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    another super cheap budget turbo attempt
    lol agreed... blown motor for sure...

y dont u just get a h22a conversion? the si is powerless... but if u really wanna FI ur si ur gonna need to strengthen ur motor, or it aint gonna last very long, even on 5psi...

Quote Originally Posted by STUNRZ View Post
    i have already got a power chip for the car
    Oh dear, it's not an e-bay instant 30bhp chip is it???
    NEED THAT PQ, I GOT THINGS TO SELL

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    maybe get one of those electric superchargers?

engine swap would be a much more sensible option for you sir

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    and then turbo/supercharge the h more reliable with FI =]
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

yes it will be "more" reliable however it wont be reliable with stock internals as the H has thin walls. it also depends on ur tuner, the tune will make or break ur setup. however if ur running stock internals ur motor aint gonna last very long before u need a rebuild, might aswel get it all done at the same time, then u can crank up the boost. ask grey-one (bao) shes got a gt35/40 turboed h22a stock internals think shes running 9psi atm with approx 180 atw

Member Array
    Car:
    1993 Prelude VTI-R
    If you turbo it at 200,XXX KM.... Your not going to have a good time. Chances are youd probably blow the motor within about 3 months.....

If you want to get the absolute most out of your car, i would suggest a h22..... From there you can decide how much you want to spend...... If you have the cash to spare i would advise a turbo rebuild with components able to take the pressure. You could vary easily spend 10k + on a turbo setup...... So decide what you want to get out of it....
    1993 Prelude S - VTEC VTI-R Conversion

was thinking about the same thing with my lude, dont got the cash though so im selling mines done 165. mmm , i read up on the american honda sites. alot of them suggest boosting the h23a rather than the h22a due to longer gear ratios i think. so people said in the forums anyway. another thing you could do is put a h22a head ontop of the h23 block. gains ALOT of pull etc. and im just gunna assume you could pick up a h23a engine cheaper that a h22a. looking at least 4 k for a engine swap, with that you could sell your prelude and buy a vtec h22a. lots to think about, hope ya have more luck than me with it. gl

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    get a wrx

Member Array
    Car:
    a bicycle lol
    Quote Originally Posted by prelude_boii View Post
    was thinking about the same thing with my lude, dont got the cash though so im selling mines done 165. mmm , i read up on the american honda sites. alot of them suggest boosting the h23a rather than the h22a due to longer gear ratios i think. so people said in the forums anyway. another thing you could do is put a h22a head ontop of the h23 block. gains ALOT of pull etc. and im just gunna assume you could pick up a h23a engine cheaper that a h22a. looking at least 4 k for a engine swap, with that you could sell your prelude and buy a vtec h22a. lots to think about, hope ya have more luck than me with it. gl
    lol i dont think they would choose to boost a h23a because of the gear box ratios lol.. u can just change gearbox or final drive to get different ratio... h23a cost more then h22a.
    they prolly boost h23 cause its got higher compressoin ratios if thats what u mean.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EF9
    In order for us to help you, please tell us kind sirs how much money you have to spend. This factor governs all laws.