Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Prelude '92
    sounds really dodgie.. could be a half cut thats been put together, but it sounds like theres something not rite there for sure.. i've seen 94 jdm tegs go for about 17.5k.. and this is a 99 model your talking about.. I wouldn't buy it if it was me

Member Array
    Car:
    EF6/EF7/EG2/DC2R
    sounds to me it might be a repairable write off, if it is and is only due to hail damage or something like that it would probably be ok but you need to remember if it is a repairable write off you cant get full insurance on it.
    it just seems too cheap, my 99/00 itr is still insured for 20k+ and have been offered more than that by people who have seen it and are interested in it. be weary.
    Have you seen the car in person or just in an online ad? (there are shonky people who put false ads online get the deposit and run)

I stand corrected you can get insurance with Just car...
    Last edited by whtteg; 29-04-2008 at 11:50 AM.
    If you can't be a good example -
    - then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

[QUOTE=whtteg;1660556]sounds to me it might be a repairable write off, if it is and is only due to hail damage or something like that it would probably be ok but you need to remember if it is a repairable write off you cant get full insurance on it.

WTF!! Who told you that story!?!?!?!
    Please if you dont know what your on about dont confuse the guy.

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo 6
    i picked up a dc2r with simular km's a while back for $10k needed a new gearbox but i made my $$$ on it. In retrospect i wish i kept it now was fun!!!
    I reacon do all the normal checks nothing to major, stolen, re birth, finanace etc and if it passes all that go for it, worst comes to worst you will make your $$$ back.
    No signature

Member Array
    Car:
    EF6/EF7/EG2/DC2R
    [QUOTE=Blulude98;1662053]
    Quote Originally Posted by whtteg View Post
    sounds to me it might be a repairable write off, if it is and is only due to hail damage or something like that it would probably be ok but you need to remember if it is a repairable write off you cant get full insurance on it.

WTF!! Who told you that story!?!?!?!
    Please if you dont know what your on about dont confuse the guy.
    It is a fact you can NOT get full insurance you can get third party, fire and theft but NOT full comprehensive on a repairable write off! i have personally had a car (da9) written off through water damage and my sister (getz) and a close friend (commodore wagon) had cars written off through hail damage so if you dont believe me please call Budget insurance,NRMA or GIO as they are the 3 insurers who would not give full insurance on the cars i just mentioned!!!!!!!!!!

Please Blulude98 if you know where i can get a repairable write off full comprehensive insurance please tell me as i really would like to let my sister know for when her car gets the hail damage fixed....
    Last edited by whtteg; 29-04-2008 at 10:53 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra
    ive had a dc2 2 years ago, that was a repairbale write off insured full comprehensive. it was with just cars

Member Array
    Car:
    EF6/EF7/EG2/DC2R
    thank you i will let my sister know (hope they insure hyundai getz (ewww) no one else seems to be willing to insure it

Well since you can get full ins with Just car and AAMI if the dc2r has had previous ins payout i say check the car thoroughly and get quotes for any repairs it may need if the price all done is less than what you can get another cheap dc2r not needing work or anything go for it!

(aami owns just car insurance so the insurance for repairable write offs are within the one company, does anyone know of any others?? shannons?? )
    Last edited by whtteg; 29-04-2008 at 02:38 PM. Reason: addition of ins info

Member Array
    Car:
    a turtle
    bought a ek and that was also a repairable write off and had full comprehensive with aami so i guess a few companies will and a few wont

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R
    Yes...

[QUOTE=whtteg;1662126]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blulude98 View Post

It is a fact you can NOT get full insurance you can get third party, fire and theft but NOT full comprehensive on a repairable write off! i have personally had a car (da9) written off through water damage and my sister (getz) and a close friend (commodore wagon) had cars written off through hail damage so if you dont believe me please call Budget insurance,NRMA or GIO as they are the 3 insurers who would not give full insurance on the cars i just mentioned!!!!!!!!!!

Please Blulude98 if you know where i can get a repairable write off full comprehensive insurance please tell me as i really would like to let my sister know for when her car gets the hail damage fixed....
    Well for starters here in VICTORIA if your car is listed as a repairable right off it needs to get repaired 100% for it to pass a VIV (Vehicle Identification Verification) which actuallly costs $480.00 (price has gone up again!!) and after all the headphuks to get that done it can then get registered and you can quite easily get it Insured with full comprehensive. Not sure what the rules are like in other states but here in VIC that's the way it is.

well i test drove it...clutch is heavy...is dat normal.?..gears r fine..steering is fine..paintwork faded here n there..scratches on the front bumper...but i didnt notice alot of difference when it went into v-tec...it just feels like a normal car being pushed hard...is dat normal or is dat just me...??

midori Array
    Car:
    EK4
    dont buy it if you're from sydney

it would just get stolen

lol