second hand Jazz?

hey all..

first post! looking to be a second hand jazz for the wife. looking at some of the 03/04 vti-s ones.

aside from a full service history, anything in particular i should look out for?

thanks in advance!

ezz

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini Cooper S Chilli R56
    if u r looking for auto, make sure u check for any issues with gear box... can be very costly in the future.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Cannondale Rush 4
    As far as the CVT is concerned, has anybody's CVT failed?

I hear a number of reports about shudders in the CVT (mine included) which can be fixed with new oils and a reset but I haven't come across or read any reported CVT failures to date....... anyone?

sorry folks - forgot to add we're looking at manual only! so thankfully we won't have to deal with any of these 'issues' with CVT!

hopefully we'll be taking one for a spin this sat - so i'll keep you updated on how we go!

www.carsales.com.au

or you can try the cars for sale section here or on www.ausjazz.org
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 03Vti
    i bought a 2003 vti for wife few months ago. manual going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MIRZ View Post
    i bought a 2003 vti for wife few months ago. manual going strong.
    thanks MIRZ - just what i wanted to hear! didn't get a chance to drive one over the weekend - the one we wanted to drive got sold so the search continues!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Toyota MR2 AW11-2zzge :)
    I just bought a 2003 manual Vti with 58,000kms on it for $11,000...so far happy with it overall, except rear wheel bearings need replacing which is frustrating given the kms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooro View Post
    I just bought a 2003 manual Vti with 58,000kms on it for $11,000...so far happy with it overall, except rear wheel bearings need replacing which is frustrating given the kms.
    how much was it to replace? just spoke to a client of mine who drive an 05 vti-s and he's clocked up 85,000km's without any major issues! still on same tyres and discs!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Toyota MR2 AW11-2zzge :)
    Haven't replaced them yet. I think it will be about $400 in parts for the rear two because you have to buy the whole hub assembly from Honda. ALternatively I may look at pressing out the old bearing from the hub and pressing in new bearings which would be significantly cheaper but much more hassle.