Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    Quote Originally Posted by 10KRPM View Post
    Didnt you test drive the car before buying it?
    What's that got to do with the price of fish? Car was driving fine, then couple days later found a few hiccups. Such is the world of modified cars.

With some online guidance from Yonas I went out and adjusted the throttle position at idle. It was a lot easier than I thought, I was just afraid of breaking something...

Brake booster now hooked up again, idles nicely around 1100-1200 rpm and starts straight away. So until I can get it to a tuner hopefully it should behave itself!

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    price of fish? bad analogy but your point did get through.....barely.

Well im glad the car is running, now all you need is a fresh tune and prepare for NA powa!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    You haven't heard that one before? It's quite old... much older than me I'm sure! Vin the master tuner of power FCs will be getting his hands on the car soon and from the way the car goes at the moment, I'm looking forward to a good result. Will post results as circumstances unfold.

does idle drop when u hit the brakes?

at first i also thought i'll just increase idle. ran my car rich like there was no tomorrow.

if ur car is idling there jus step on the brakes a few times and see if idle changes or fluctuates. if it does disconnect the vacuum hose, seal is off (i used electrical tape) step on brakes again and if idle saty normal then u have a problem with brake booster.

but u may have a leaking master cylinder or a stuffed booster. easiest way to determine which one is ****ed is using a zip tie or string.
    if the car uses an abnormal amount of brake fluid then u may have a dodgey master cylinder. pull the connector (if there is one) for the vacuum hose off at the booster and dip the zip tie(long) or string into it.pull it back out and see if there is any brake fluid at the end of it.
    if there is new master cylinder.
    if not new booster

Let us know what the source of the vacuum issue was.