Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R

B18C R w/Individual throttles - suddenly will not idle!

Hey guys,

Car: 1992 Civic Breeze w/ B18C R + ITBs + Power FC

At the moment when I go to crank up the car it will start then die out immediately. So i have to crank it with a little bit of pressure on the accelerator. Then if I take my foot off the accelerator it will settle to about 1000rpm briefly, then drop lower till it shuts down. When driving at the moment and approaching lights i slow down, put it in neutral, hold throttle lightly above 1000rpm and slow down to a halt with left foot on brake pedal. It allows me to run the car but its somewhat annoying...

I did start it up in the afternoon and for a little while there i gave it a big blip and it stabilized the revs... but then again any time after that I've had to artificially hold the idle.

I will be taking the car to my tuner as soon as i can get around to it, but that will be sometime late next week at best.

Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

regards
    Shiraz

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    throttle cables might need adjusting..
    or injectors malfuntioning, or its connectors arent pluggd in correctly or came loose.

had a car come in to my work with the same symptoms youre sayin. (not a honda though, and didnt have 4 TB's lol) and it had a injector connector loose, the pin fell out, n startin misfiring a cylinder, and had a smooth stall if your idling.

buh might be different with your setup, just my input

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    this the white EG that was forsale?

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    Is there a box covering the itb's?

Check to see that the sensor thats connected to this hasnt come loose.

this happened to my mate's parents car,
    he fixed it by adjusting the piping leading to the throttlebodies. (something along those lines)

I can ask him again if you havnt fixed it yet.
    Let me know
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Could be many things from throttle position at idle, amount of fuel at idle/timing, map and or t/p sensors, temp compensation and decel settings, nothing im sure a decent tuner cant sort out given a few hours.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    what Slaz said +1!
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    the idle issue will be the throttle position at idle as stated by slaz. You need to adjust it just right, took me hours to do, but it's just a little screw that keeps your TB just a tiny bit open.

This is because when using ITB's there's no IACV.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    Thanks guys. Car will be going to tuner soon, but thats a few days away at least. Today the car started out as i mentioned, i had to drive around carefully, when approaching traffic lights i put it into neutral, lightly touched the accelerator (very gently) which made the car idle nicely, and left foot braked...

Thing is randomly (i am thankful that it happens at least!) if the car starts well the first time then it is able to hold a good idle speed, and at the moment its doing that so i can drive it around normally. the intermittent nature of the situation is a little confusing, you'd think if the butterfly position at idle is a problem (i.e. fully closed) then it would be a consistent problem until resolved?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    Oh also guys, when the problem of engine dying out occurs, if i pump the brake pedal continuously then the revs rise and it will idle... only while pumping the brake pedal. I'm sure its related to a vacuum issue somehow, just no idea what i can do about it myself if anything...

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    From what you have said it sounds tuning related. Everything we could suggest is just a guess. Until then try adjusting the idle up a bit.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    Ok well some more feedback, car was great all night, in fact ran without a hitch. Idled well at every stop. Until one point were I gave it a little bit of a push, and heel toed down shifting. Then it started idling from that point about half normal, which felt like it was ABOUT to die but it didnt. Its as if its related to the brake system somehow? I'm hoping that Vin at docklands Subaru can sort it out. Any suggestions as to which shop is knowledgeable with modified hondas like mine in Melbourne? Thanks for your input so far guys I appreciate it