Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2014 NSX
    Quote Originally Posted by xenonkuraz View Post
    I just bought a pack of iDye 'Poly' Black (for Polyester & Nylons) for $10. Mixed it with about 700ml of water and sprayed it on. One packet seems to have done the trick...the carpet looks really nice and dark (from grey). Now I'm just waiting to see if the colour will run once it dries. Will keep you guys updated
    yo tell me if the colour washes out..

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    I bought two colour packs, and using the method outline by the OP I dyed my carpet, but before dyeing it again I rinsed out the excess dye, let it dry and then dyed again a few days later.
    I repeated the process and the final result was a greenish/blue. Not what I expected but meh it looks better than the stock grey.

If I hadn't have rinsed the dye out then it would have been ebony black, however meaning it would run if water was to touch it.

If you were to try this I highly recommend trying to find the DYLON tins but I doubt you will as they have been discontinued for more than a year now.

Good luck!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    i just tried this about 3hrs ago in my garage.
    got the dylon ebony black about 3 tins mixxed up and filled a spray bottle 2x.
    got the stuff from a ebay seller in Tasi.
    looks alrite now, just gotta wait and see how it is when its dry

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic CXi, VT250F
    Awesome DIY! I will be attempting this sometime soon, bookmarked
    VROOOM! VROOOM!

nice.... something to put on my DIY list on for later projects

Member Array
    Car:
    1x poop, 1x egg
    hi guys,

wanting to give this a shot in black... can't seem to locate anyone that sells the suitable dye? any suggestions? it seems dylon have changed to only sell fabric dyes and no longer sell polyester or carpet dyes.

i've tried spotlight, lincraft, carpet call, a local place called flooring accessories, and all of them only sell fabric dyes (i.e. ones u put through the washing machine or soak garments in).

cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Sedan
    I'm trying a spray on stuff out of a can that you can get from autobahn and the likes, will get back to you guys when its finished, should be done in the next couple of weeks with results etc.
    Mod.
    Not putting miles on your built cars is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2 VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by m.o.d.aus View Post
    I'm trying a spray on stuff out of a can that you can get from autobahn and the likes, will get back to you guys when its finished, should be done in the next couple of weeks with results etc.
    Mod.
    Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdkMn...=youtube_gdata

btw.. Anyone who's done this have any problems when it rains? I.e white shoes - wet + dyed carpet = stained shoes?!!

Member Array
    Car:
    1x poop, 1x egg
    had a shot at this, as modaus said above, using stuff that i found from autobarn, will post results soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Sedan
    hey man how many cans did you use for one coat?
    I've used two and only got half of the carpet done... :s
    And i need atleast two coats, going red and want vibrant colour
    Not putting miles on your built cars is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Finally someone doing it in red! I will track you down and murder your cat if you don't post up pics! =]

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Sedan
    haha pitty i dont have a cat
    Yeah should look wicked!
    Red car, red CARpet haha
    Re-doing my interior slowly, jdm style black with red inserts