Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Yeh it's because I killed it already =D

Good luck with it! Hope it looks awesome =] Post up pics when you're done!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Sedan
    Will do, might be a little while though, at $17 a can, and i need roughly 4 cans a coat, and im doing two coats to get a great colour.... :S
    Plus have my 18th coming up soon hehe, we all know how money is spent then
    Not putting miles on your built cars is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.

Member Array
    Car:
    1x poop, 1x egg
    here's some pics of my carpet dyeing...

(my eg came with dirty stanky ass carpet, that had patches of gummy crap, clumpiness, holes and stains on it. for the last month or so of owning, i've been running it totally stripped due to its stankiness. so thought there wasn't much to lose in dying it black.)

this is what i used, 16.99/can @ autobarn, at first i thought it would be a paint given the extensive VHT paint range and the fact that the instructions on the can were identical/similar to those of their paints (lol copy and paste job)... but as the can says its a dye and sprays on thinly, much like the consistency of water/dye

this is about 3/4 of a can. as the instructions say, after spraying, i got a brush and ran it thru the fibres, then sprayed in the perpendicular direction

ended up using 3x cans, if i had better quality carpet i woulda ideally used 4-5 cans to give it more depth... concentrated more on the visible areas rather than under the seats

layed in the car... the blue showing thru is a tarp layer i put underneath coz some of the tougher/plastic-vinyl layer under the carpet had worn thru in spots and the carpet fibres were exposed in some places

put back some interior trim... haven't run with these since the 2nd day i got the car. i would've liked to have done a few more coats, but in RL the lighter areas aren't as obvious as in the photos.

wow i actually have an interior now, and it feels quite comfortable

overall, very happy with the results

have more shots at other angles, lemme know if anyone needs any
    Last edited by dancoco808; 14-05-2010 at 08:17 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Looks awesome good work! Hey if you wet it does it run at all? Try wetting a small patch and running some white paper across it - does it all stay or does it come out?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EG HATCH 1993
    woww great job +1rep to you

but as androo said above try that and let us know please

can u buy RED colour in this spray can? how would that end up looking any idea? has anyone tried red?
    -never underestimate the power of dual carb

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Also man, how did you clean the carpet first? I'm gonna be cleaning up the Integra I just bought last weekend this weekend! Might do this if I have time. Huge clean up project for me =] (the whole exterior is kinda banged up so I gotta get a whole respray but in the meantime I'm going to get the inside cleaned up).

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Guys I went to Lincraft to get some dye but they were closed lol. I'm off work on Tuesday so I'm gonna stop by, grab some and do it =]

I'll post up pics once its done!

Nice +1 i might just do it with the carpet still in the car lol to save time that i dont have, and mask everything off. Any repercussions ?

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Not the same thing, but I resprayed my old EG's dash before lol... I used vinyl spray and made the dash + door trims black. Now the door trims I took out, but with the dash I just masked off everything really well and sprayed it. Just spent half my life masking stuff though LOL

I think you should at least take out the lower trims that cover bits of your carpet as a minimum. Shouldn't take you long to mask everything in this case though so yeh... Taking the carpet out doesn't take very long though...

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    It's raining today.... Gonna have a crack anyway =]

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    Looks awesome good work! Hey if you wet it does it run at all? Try wetting a small patch and running some white paper across it - does it all stay or does it come out?
    +++ waiting on this answer +1

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Yeh I want that answer too =] I bought the dye and everything and took the seats out then it started pissing rain =( bad idea lol. I put the driver seat back in - Will do this on the weekend instead.

FYI - I bought the dye from Lincraft. They have two types, one is where you chuck it into your washing machine and let it run, the other you apply. I bought the one you apply. It's about $8 a box of approx. 300g. I bought two just in case.

I also did alot of research about dying the carpet red - If you're using dye like mine it's not going to work unless you are able to make the carpet white first. But those spray can ones work the same as a can of paint - It will go over the top but I have no idea if it'll run. Good luck guys