Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R

Best value carbon parts for EG hatch?

Hey guys,

I've stripped the interior and wanting to further reduce the weight on my civic breeze. There is no better way to increase performance, economy and component longevity!

I am currently searching for the following items:
    -carbon fiber front bonnet
    -carbon fiber side mirrors
    -carbon fiber rear hatch
    -carbon fiber rear wing

Don't want carbon fiber doors just yet... rather, can't AFFORD to want just yet!

If anyone has a particular type/brand of these parts, please advice on quality, fitment (good or bad), WEIGHT (very important), price and where to buy.

cheers
    Shiraz

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    ... .... ... .... ...
    Honestly if I were you I would only look at replacing the bonnet as it is the HEAVIEST item amongst.

If you were to replace all stated items you would be spending too much for little weight loss gain.
    Chase up Modproject in the trader section they sell CF bonnets at a resonable price
    Why hello there

no wing weighs less than a cf wing... so in getting the cf wing ur really actually wanting it for looks/wank factor but as u stated above u want the least possible weight possible to increase blah blah etc just take the wing off

Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    Probably right guys, I might go for spoon-style plastic mirrors and just change the front bonnet in carbon, and look elsewhere for weight savings. The wing is useful at high speed no doubt about it though.

Oh you can still get the wing because it looks nicer than stock anyway. But if you see it as a performance point of view then don't expect it to help you heaps that's all. Spoon wings still look great....

Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    Anyone got any experience with carbon rear hatch?

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    they are lighter what else did u want to know? lol have u thought about getting cf front quarter panels? ;]
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    i just got a bonnent install, i have to admit, i could just pick the oem bonnet off the car, but i can pick the cf bonnet up with one hand, it looks great and feels a bit different, i am going to time my 0-100km/h time, before it was 6.28sec, with this new bonnet and new tyres, i think i can break down to top 5sec, hopefully.....

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85642

this guy sell some carbon filber parts, but it is in perth, ask for shipping.
    i got my cf bonnet from him, it looks great, got a lot of different cf stuff.

where do you plan on going fast enough to need the downforce of the wing?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    No prizes for guessing mate...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    If your main priority is shaving weight off, there could be other things to be done. considered taking off a/c and p/s? parts you may have missed on interior, such as centre console? carpet? interior door panels? sound system? replacing stock exhaust with titanium usually sheds off quite a bit too.

Removing some of these parts may not shave off many kilos but at least its free and surely if you're serious about shaving off weight, you wouldn't be fussed about the luxuries that once came with the car. Unless you wanted these carbon fibre items solely for looks, you should consider what else you can take off before going cf.

After all, unless you're taking off like more than 50kg, it's not like it will make THAT much of a difference. Fuel economy? Try putting more pressure in your tyres, use a better engine oil, premium petrol if not already. Increase performance? You'll only be getting a better power to weight ratio and slight differences in handling characteristics due to the decrease in weight in the particular parts of the vehicle. Want more performance? Modify it with parts that will provide the power gains you want..