Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Accord seats

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 accord v6

Accord seats

I have a new 08 Honda Accord v6, but only after 1300k'ms I find the drivers seat unbearably uncomfortable, it has this large hard bulge in the middle of the backrest just above the adjustable lumbar support, I find that I am continually trying to adjust my driving position to ease this, after an hour or so my back is aching, this is inexcusable bad design for a brand new car, this car may be going back to the dealers for resale, nevermind the rattling doors and drivetrain whine.
    Very disappointed in my first Honda.

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    what is ur body build?

complain with them! and dotn complain to dealer go straight to aus honda!
    isnt the buldge adjustable?
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    You can retract with the seat controls, if its the one i think you are talking about.
    Last edited by Rudy; 30-03-2009 at 02:39 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Accord V6 Luxury
    Bindi, I had exactly the same problem as you. That bulge just above the lumbar support is so annoying. At first I thought that was the lumbar support itself. Anyways, I've had the car for two weeks now and I think I'm starting to get used to it. No back aching in the last week or so.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 accord v6
    Incomprehensible they could let a seat design like this be released, anybody would think it's a racing type seat, but certainly not suitable for a family sedan, I will try contacting Honda Aust about this, anyone know the best people to contact?, I even thought about opening up the seat and having a look at the webbing etc to see if I could reshape or loosen it some, this is so poor I really cannot believe it.

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    call the aus honda hotline! is the best way to contact
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 accord v6
    Quote Originally Posted by 040501912 View Post
    call the aus honda hotline! is the best way to contact
    Well, I don't know if it's the hotline or not, but went to Honda's site--"contact us" bit and filled in my concerns, so will await any answer from Honda

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 accord v6
    Well, I received a reply from Honda--
    "We will be passing this to the relevant department"
    OH well, I guess I'm stuck with this uncomfortable car, but I won't, it's going to be offloaded.
    First and last Honda

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    You didnt find this out when test driving the car?
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-04-2009 at 12:34 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Try extending the lumbar support out a bit so that it is more in line with the protruding section.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 accord v6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    You didnt find this out when test driving the car?
    No, unfortunately it didn't become apparent until I did a trip of 1 hour or so, I guess I was more focused on the engine/drivetrain when I test drove the car for 15 minutes or so, I must say I have never had a car that gave me a backache before, so I guess I will have to wait and see if anything comes from my contact with Honda but I don't think much will come of it, it's just a design flaw, the people who designed these seats must of thought they were building a race car--which the Accord certainly isn't.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Quote Originally Posted by bindi View Post
    No, unfortunately it didn't become apparent until I did a trip of 1 hour or so, I guess I was more focused on the engine/drivetrain when I test drove the car for 15 minutes or so, I must say I have never had a car that gave me a backache before, so I guess I will have to wait and see if anything comes from my contact with Honda but I don't think much will come of it, it's just a design flaw, the people who designed these seats must of thought they were building a race car--which the Accord certainly isn't.

Are you 100% certain it isnt the lumbar support thats controlled by the side buttons? Maybe when they gave you the car they had it in the fully extended position. I know when I played around with that and it was extended I found it very awkward, and when i retract it all the way, no problems. If not, have you played around with all the seat positions? I know you probably have but just want to be sure. Its just that i havnt heard this particular complaint about the accord before. Hope it all works out though!