Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by V6LUXURY View Post
    My mistake re: Import tax

We perhaps are being taken for a ride (esp when you think how much European cars cost in The US compared to little ol' Oz, but I guess that's more lux/import tax)

Are you comparing similary specced cars at that price.

From memory Sat Nav, reverse camera, memory seats and (maybe) Roof are not standard in US lux models perhaps that makes up a bit of a difference.
    I don't see how that might add up to $15K unless you were specifying Benz or BMW option prices!

I checked the Honda USA website: Their top of the range V6 misses out on Sat Nav but gets auto dimming rear view mirror, tyre pressure monitoring, satellite radio and power front seats as standard. Apart from Sat Nav, the USA version appears to be better equipped. Some of these things are standard on the lesser models as well.

The rear view camera is a US$473 (AUD$503) option. The Sat Nav is a US$1,200 (AUD$1,276) option. That only adds up to AUD$1,779. And what do you take off for the things we don't get; like the auto dimming rear view mirror, tyre pressure monitoring and satellite radio?

I think the overall difference is about $15K.

No, we are being comprehensively ripped-off! And remember, ours is made in low labour cost Thailand. Maybe someone should convince a federal government politician to refer the discrepancy to the ACCC (not that they do much other than side with big business!).
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 V6 LUXURY
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    I don't see how that might add up to $15K unless you were specifying Benz or BMW option prices!

I checked the Honda USA website: Their top of the range V6 misses out on Sat Nav but gets auto dimming rear view mirror, tyre pressure monitoring, satellite radio and power front seats as standard. Apart from Sat Nav, the USA version appears to be better equipped. Some of these things are standard on the lesser models as well.

The rear view camera is a US$473 (AUD$503) option. The Sat Nav is a US$1,200 (AUD$1,276) option. That only adds up to AUD$1,779. And what do you take off for the things we don't get; like the auto dimming rear view mirror, tyre pressure monitoring and satellite radio?

I think the overall difference is about $15K.

No, we are being comprehensively ripped-off! And remember, ours is made in low labour cost Thailand. Maybe someone should convince a federal government politician to refer the discrepancy to the ACCC (not that they do much other than side with big business!).
    Well written, mate and thatnks for taking the time to post the info.

I didn't realise we were being jammed so hard.

Cheers,

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    thanks for SPQR's post again and again. We all know difference price list in difference countries, but we can not change it too much as we just buyer. But we can buy the one we love, if we think the price list is not acceptable, then just pass it or use the bargain skilll to bring it home. But new accord still a great car compare to other same price range's car and even rip off on price here.

SPQR, we all know that cars are cheaper in the US (and Japan) compared to Australia. Tbh though pretty much everything is! Electronics, food, beer, petrol etc are all significantly cheaper in the US so cars are no different.

Whether we are paying too much for our cars is down to how much value you think our cars have regardless of what they are sold for elsewhere.

On the balance of it though, I personally think we pay a very reasonable amount of money for our cars. Especially compared to Europe and a lot of asian countries. I once saw the price of a camry in vietnam and it was in the order of about 50k USD!!!! This was back when our $1 AUD -> 60c/ USD. My uncle bought a 325i for 90k USD!!!

So if you ever feel bad just think that it could be a hell of a lot worse!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    In Malaysia, RRP for the V6 Lux is RM238,318. That is AU$80,875. Who is getting ripped off now? This is a country taking advantage of the free trade agreement with Thailand, is located NEXT to Thailand, and the annual income for a starting engineer is AU$8135 pre-tax! Our starting engineer's income here is at least AU$40,000.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    lol is SPQR still goin on with his stupid price argument???
    its so pointless goin on about it for so many different reasons.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    In Malaysia, RRP for the V6 Lux is RM238,318. That is AU$80,875. Who is getting ripped off now? This is a country taking advantage of the free trade agreement with Thailand, is located NEXT to Thailand, and the annual income for a starting engineer is AU$8135 pre-tax! Our starting engineer's income here is at least AU$40,000.
    ROFL CRAZY
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    this is same situation as China 10 yrs ago, but after China joined WTO, car's price in China become reasonable. For example, V6 Lux is RMB320,000, that is AU$47,000, almost same as here, and i have to point out is they all made by local location: GuangZhou of China (my hometown,yo!). So Australia buying the very reasonable value's Accord here.
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    Hi, found a new accord V6 review from carguide, have a look!
    http://carsguide.news.com.au/site/re...6_a_class_act/

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 V6 LUXURY
    Nice spot.

Geez they love it, don't they!!

I'm getting fired up about mine even more now

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 V6 LUXURY
    And another one that talks mostly about the V6

http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/wheels/s...late=domWheels