Hybrid View

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn View Post
    i don't think the dealership will take that lightly, they could sue him for defamation.
    which in my eyes, would be funny as well, seeing that IF he is that stupid to do so
    lol.
    Isn't true though that Honda doesn't want to cover his engine under warranty? So that wouldn't really be defamation, but fact. LOL
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Isn't true though that Honda doesn't want to cover his engine under warranty? So that wouldn't really be defamation, but fact. LOL
    but was his car dead stock standard?
    nops, so it does void the warranty, especially with a open intake in such a place where it would attract alot of dirt and water.
    i remember in his previous thread that he did run through a puddle of water with a cai, and water did get int he combustion chamber, which takes a very big part of his motor giving way.
    so in my point of view, honda does have the right to void his warranty, on his motor.

it's like dropping your car on bigger wheels, you have damaged the driveshafts, bearings, etc, whether the lowering and big wheels did or not, there was a chance it will, and that's what they will base it on.

you wanna mod your car, do it, but cop it in the chin if shit hits the fan really, or be smart about it, change it back to stock, before you bringing it in to service.
    Last edited by destrukshn; 29-04-2008 at 11:20 PM.

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    My new vehicle ('99 VTi-R) warranty states the warranty will not apply to:
    Any vehicle used for competition, racing or record attempts or equipped with performance enhancing components

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by T-onedc2 View Post
    My new vehicle ('99 VTi-R) warranty states the warranty will not apply to:
    Any vehicle used for competition, racing or record attempts or equipped with performance enhancing components
    yups
    sure it sucks to be in the original posters shoes.
    and i'd be shattered as well.
    but in my eyes, your trying to fight for something you can't win.

Member Array
    Car:
    not a honda
    well maybe u haven't had honda telling u to piss off and go find your own solution on fixing it. also honda knowing ignored a letter issued by my lawyer and towed my car away without even telling me the address.

i do admit its my fault since i did mod my car. but i did not expect honda to treat me this way. you'd probably get better service at maccas then at honda.

and what do i get in the end? a scratched up civic with a blown frikkin motor. best part is the car is less then 2 yrs old and im still oweing the bank 13g...

my mum has a 23yr old toyota cressida. its overfilled with 3 different types of oil and god knows when it was last serviced. and that car still drives like its brand new.

nothing is certain my friend. im not even bother taking them to court as i simply can't afford it and have wasted enough time already. honda can't even explain why the motor exploded in the first place.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    nops, so it does void the warranty, especially with a open intake in such a place where it would attract alot of dirt and water.
    i remember in his previous thread that he did run through a puddle of water with a cai, and water did get int he combustion chamber, which takes a very big part of his motor giving way.
    so in my point of view, honda does have the right to void his warranty, on his motor.
    Ahh! I just noticed the snapped rod in the photo. My bad. I thought it was some other damage.

Bob san, no picket sign for you!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    s15... corolla

it's like dropping your car on bigger wheels, you have damaged the driveshafts, bearings, etc, whether the lowering and big wheels did or not, there was a chance it will, and that's what they will base it on.

you wanna mod your car, do it, but cop it in the chin if shit hits the fan really, or be smart about it, change it back to stock, before you bringing it in to service.

fahh if thats true then u prolly did fk up ur own motor...

how come honda wont give u their findings on how they knew you were excessivly revving.. get ur lawyer to try n get that at least.

i know for a fact that mechanics can prove that kinda stuff

Theres always 2 sides to every story. maybe through honda's eyes you were a young hoon, who sh*tted your own car, then thought you'd be a smart c*nt and try to rort the system. put yourself in their shoes, if someguy came into your business and tried to pull a fast one, you'd be pissed off too. I too think that had your car been stock, it would've been fixed in the first week. not too smart leaving the mods or doing the mods in the first place. cant blame you though, i woulda modded the sh*t out of it too

Should have de modded vehicle before entering your dealer. You are in every right that it should not have failed and this is a interesting topic to follow to see if honda will pay for the repair. CAI and Exhaust shouldnt kill a HONDA engine but then again the THAI product is showing its true colours.

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by DR HONDA View Post
    CAI and Exhaust shouldnt kill a HONDA engine but then again the THAI product is showing its true colours.

The engines and drive train are made in Japan, then exported to Thailand and assembled there. so effectively it's Japanese made, Thai assembled.

Quote Originally Posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
    The engines and drive train are made in Japan, then exported to Thailand and assembled there. so effectively it's Japanese made, Thai assembled.
    Funny that i just got back from the factory in thailand and watch them grind there own engine components. Engines are made from core steel/alloy at the factory. Get your facts right champ.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by DR HONDA View Post
    Should have de modded vehicle before entering your dealer. You are in every right that it should not have failed and this is a interesting topic to follow to see if honda will pay for the repair. CAI and Exhaust shouldnt kill a HONDA engine but then again the THAI product is showing its true colours.
    yes, shouldn't, BUT water in the combustion chamber most probably will.