Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Isn't true though that Honda doesn't want to cover his engine under warranty? So that wouldn't really be defamation, but fact. LOL
    but was his car dead stock standard?
    nops, so it does void the warranty, especially with a open intake in such a place where it would attract alot of dirt and water.
    i remember in his previous thread that he did run through a puddle of water with a cai, and water did get int he combustion chamber, which takes a very big part of his motor giving way.
    so in my point of view, honda does have the right to void his warranty, on his motor.

it's like dropping your car on bigger wheels, you have damaged the driveshafts, bearings, etc, whether the lowering and big wheels did or not, there was a chance it will, and that's what they will base it on.

you wanna mod your car, do it, but cop it in the chin if shit hits the fan really, or be smart about it, change it back to stock, before you bringing it in to service.
    Last edited by destrukshn; 29-04-2008 at 11:20 PM.

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    My new vehicle ('99 VTi-R) warranty states the warranty will not apply to:
    Any vehicle used for competition, racing or record attempts or equipped with performance enhancing components

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by T-onedc2 View Post
    Any vehicle used for competition, racing or record attempts or equipped with performance enhancing components
    yups
    sure it sucks to be in the original posters shoes.
    and i'd be shattered as well.
    but in my eyes, your trying to fight for something you can't win.

Member Array
    Car:
    not a honda
    well maybe u haven't had honda telling u to piss off and go find your own solution on fixing it. also honda knowing ignored a letter issued by my lawyer and towed my car away without even telling me the address.

i do admit its my fault since i did mod my car. but i did not expect honda to treat me this way. you'd probably get better service at maccas then at honda.

and what do i get in the end? a scratched up civic with a blown frikkin motor. best part is the car is less then 2 yrs old and im still oweing the bank 13g...

my mum has a 23yr old toyota cressida. its overfilled with 3 different types of oil and god knows when it was last serviced. and that car still drives like its brand new.

nothing is certain my friend. im not even bother taking them to court as i simply can't afford it and have wasted enough time already. honda can't even explain why the motor exploded in the first place.

Member Array
    Car:
    N/A
    put how they treated you aside.

the modifications play a big part in warranty but he also serviced his car with someone other than Honda. I think its a condition of warranty that you get your car serviced at Honda or someone certified to service cars.
    '96 EK4 > '99 EM1 > '06 GD3 > '04 CL9 > '00 DC2R > '99 EM1!

Member Array
    Car:
    not a honda
    Quote Originally Posted by KofS2s View Post
    I think I've spoken with the same guy! I had problems with the fuel bowser at Mobil (not pumping fuel properly) and I called up Consumer Affairs. This guy is so slack, ignorant and unhelpful. He must have a billion of complaint calls everyday but I don't care, his job is to help and he shows zero effort of helping.

I've also experienced a few insurance disputes, I been through countless phonecalls, letters, faxes, considerations, appeals, and at the end of the day, it's going to cost you time and money, and no one is going to pull out $$ from the sky to help you.

Best option is to accept that you've been unlucky.
    was his name phillip plumpe by any chance?

perhaps you would be able to claim the damage under insurance?
    in the end it'd be cheaper than paying for a new engine out of pocket.
    you might want to consider removing the aftermarket parts before you lodge a claim tho..

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    you should of just put ur car back to stock and then cliamed warranty lolz thats the first thing i would do...saves you having to spend another 11gz...be dodgy and save money

Member Array
    Car:
    not a honda
    well honda engineers ain't dumb... they mark all their nuts and bolts with red/orange dots. so if i put them back on then its clear that i have tampered with it and they would probably accuse me or something else.

and nope insurance won't cover it either since its mechanical damage. cos technically its not an 'accident'. but if a tree had fallen down on my car then the engine blew up then u can claim it. oh the irony...

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Isn't true though that Honda doesn't want to cover his engine under warranty? So that wouldn't really be defamation, but fact. LOL
    thats true, but do you think if he actually did it, all he'd write is 'Honda dont want to fix my engine under warranty' ? lets be realistic here, its hardly a smart idea.

Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    just park the car in front with a big sign
    ""SO AND SO WILL NOT CLAIM MY WARRANTY ETC ETC"
    and hand out flyers of what has happen and what they have not done
    i think that would be funny !
    you win the award for dumbest advice ever.

at worst, it might be worth writing a letter to honda saying you are considering your options, both in terms of legal advice and possible media coverage.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    jackie, you should of put your car back to stock. and service it at honda. or put a k20 in it now :P

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob san View Post
    well maybe u haven't had honda telling u to piss off and go find your own solution on fixing it. also honda knowing ignored a letter issued by my lawyer and towed my car away without even telling me the address.

i do admit its my fault since i did mod my car. but i did not expect honda to treat me this way. you'd probably get better service at maccas then at honda.

and what do i get in the end? a scratched up civic with a blown frikkin motor. best part is the car is less then 2 yrs old and im still oweing the bank 13g...

my mum has a 23yr old toyota cressida. its overfilled with 3 different types of oil and god knows when it was last serviced. and that car still drives like its brand new.

nothing is certain my friend. im not even bother taking them to court as i simply can't afford it and have wasted enough time already. honda can't even explain why the motor exploded in the first place.
    Yes I can empathise with you and your experience here, but....
    Quote Originally Posted by T-onedc2 View Post