Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Subwoofer Advice

Hi guys what sub do you guys recommend, that would pound an eg hatch?

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    a dd 95 series sub would pound...

whats your budget??

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    dual 12' rockford p1 or single rockford 12" p3. similar to the p3 alpine type r is also good, whats the budget
    Triangular exhaust

whats the budget? i had a cheapo clarion one in my old civic. running a nice 2 channel amp into it and it went hard. its not so much about the sub as it i about the amp. at the lower end of the scale there is some decent clarion one around or a type r if you want the wank factor of it. as the price goes up the subs get better (ome are alo not any better) but no need to get a 95 series unless you dont plan on being in the car. and a w7 is a waste of 2 grand. its not going to sound 1500 bucks better than a cheapo

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport
    the old Rockford hx2 2x 10" in a dual ported box....

pumps hard in my Jazz....

http://www.ryda.com.au/Clarion-PXW12...-p/pxw1251.htm

cant really go wrong with that. has better sensitivity rating than the type r and is cheaper, power handling is also same. dual 2 ohm coil i what ya would want in a lower end sub too. i say this because i assume you would be after a lower end amp which rules out a big mono. so a bridged 2 channel would be able to handle a 4 ohm load but they don't like anything lower.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG, GV07
    JL W7 or kicker L7 solobaric

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    skip the dd 95xx subs & jl w7 suggestions.. go straight to a dd 99 series sub. this sub can provide if u want something that will POUND.

seriously give us a budget to work with. also inform if that budget is for JUST the sub or for a sub/amp/wiring/installation if needed.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    choose a JL Audio subby that fits ur price range.

Avoid the common stuff like pioneer, sony, etc...
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    EG, GV07
    yeah it'll be hard to work something out without a budget...i heard the DD's...awesome subs..
    Stock EG---Modified Driver
    TGSII

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    concerto b16a
    are u after sq or spl type of sub. for sq i have used oz audio gear very good .for spl depending on how hard u want to crank and your bugget u have a wide choice to pick from. pioneer do some spl subs now they have 3 in there range.TS-W2504SPL[2500WATTS]-TS-W3004SPL-[3000WATTS]
    TS-W5102SPL[6000WATTS]
    then you have digital designs which have just rec the highest spl in usa of 180db
    but the sub costs over $5000
    other brands .earthquake .cerwin vega . hifonics.treo.atomic.