Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buddyclub or Tein

Hey guys just wondering which one would be best or what your experience is with Tein SS or Tein Mono Flex so I can compare with N+

I've been in an 05 Euro with Buddyclub N+ with a 3inch drop and it seems fine to me, are any of the above Tein's the same as the N+? Or slightly softer but can go low?
    Last edited by .QD; 03-05-2008 at 12:04 PM.

Account Disabled Array
    Tein's hands down!

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Tein seem to be make from better quality material...

small example, i worked on some buddy club coilovers that had alloy studs that attach into the strut towers... these studs were also thredded so the could actually come out of the coilover if you unwound them. Also upon installing them we snapped one of the studs with very very little effort. (by tightning the stut top nuts)
    Also the studs were a different thred pattern to the oem stuts so different nuts were needed.

my tein flex on the other hand. Steel studs incased inthe strut top. Did them up as tight as possibly just like another oem strut with oem nuts. All round IMO feel stronger and made from better quality material... however i noticed the buddyclubs were a little lighter....

Tein seem to be more expensive then buddy club though, generally when you compare entrylevel vs entrylevel or flagship vs flagship.
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    hondaless
    i got just my buddyclub n+ installed today, well worth it =]
    good coilovers for street and the occasional spirited runs or whenever you want to take the corner hard.. ride comfort is very good, its not bumpy or anything absorbs all the imperfections in the road well. Bang for buck coils i rkn
    Winton PB - 1:34.90
    Phillip Island PB - 1:50.02

" Nothing beats spooning "

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro
    Cant comment on the buddy club N+. But i can give u some idea of the Tein SS and Tein Monoflex since I have just switch from Tein SS to Tein Monoflex.
    And I can say there is a big difference between them. Monoflex is a lot more stiffer than the SS. To be honest, i found them very harsh at low speed and I do not recommend them for street use. On the other hand, the Tein SS is very comfortable on street, but some ppl may found them too soft.

Wat u after, ultimate performance, looks or comfortable?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    i got tein s/s and would never look bac, i drive the car daily, and have done some track days and 1/4 mile racing................
    like i said, i wouldnt look elsewhere other than tein s/s

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    I prefer Tein over Buddyclub.

Tein SS is suitable for daily use and mild track works...Mono flex just too harsh/stiff for daily use but very good for track.

It really depend on what you really after and personal preference.

Different ppl got different view, in the end of day, you choose whatever you like.

BC all the way

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    One vote for Tein.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    another vote for tein

Thanks for the all the feedback and opinions guys.

At the end of the day I just want my car lowered for now (as I cant decide on wheels), no gap between the tyres and the guard or one finger gap. 99.9% daily/street use. Want to be able to go resonably low, but keep the comfort and I dont mean 100% comfort that the stock suspension provide, as we all know that lowering the car changes this.

As I've mentioned already I've been in a car with N+'s and I thought the ride was fine if not better than the stock suspension, but that being said everyone seems to have different opinion, as searching through the forum and I read a lot of posts in the forum saying the N+'s are harsh/stiff.

I think all I can say about the N+'s I wouldnt mind if the spring was slightly softer.

Anyone in Sydney here with Tein SS or Flex in their Euro that want to give me a demo?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    sorry for hijacking..
    what damper settings do you guys use for TEIN SS?
    mine seems to be harsh when hitting a small bump or road work...