Page 118 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118119120121128 ... LastLast
Results 1,405 to 1,416 of 1836
    Member Array
    Car:
    B18EG|EG6|EP3
    Actually, I put one of those N*power headers on my D16, and it made a HUGE difference, the car was more responsive right through the rev range, revved out much faster too.

i didnt have to flog it as hard to get up hills, it was an instant increase in torque - i dont doubt that a flywheel would do similar, but the header provided better value for money
    My EG5 build
    "Try to move in with a hot easy gurl. I've got a mate who does his house mate when he gets drunk. This way you can cure some of the loneliness and also save $$$ on prosties. Just remember to act like nothings happened the next day because if you get attached your laterz mate."

Member Array
    Car:
    ®
    I need a new clutch so I'll probably do the clutch flywheel combo...headers a while after that maybe..

On another note, was about to change the oil the other day, bought Honda oil + filter from the local Honda dealership, I asked if the filter would fit, the mechanic said one filter fits all hondas (I noted this was an imported d16) he said meh. Anyway, Got back home to change it and noticed the width of the filter installed is larger than the honda oem one, didn't want oil to go all over the place so im waiting to find out if it will fit. Anyone know?

yup generally speaking the honda oil filter/s sold in australia suit all honda models

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Have to agree with Ben.

I've put plenty of headers on plenty of D series motors.. I never learnt from my mistakes lol.

Most common oil filter for the D series motors is the Z79A
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Anyone know where i could get a throttle body box for a d16y4?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by will13 View Post
    Actually, I put one of those N*power headers on my D16, and it made a HUGE difference, the car was more responsive right through the rev range, revved out much faster too.

i didnt have to flog it as hard to get up hills, it was an instant increase in torque - i dont doubt that a flywheel would do similar, but the header provided better value for money
    yeah i noticed a massive difference in midrange torque as well on my D15b7 - made daily driving so much easier

a flywheel will actually decrease torque in low/mid range but the car will rev and respond a hell of a lot quicker
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Cold-air intake
    4-2-1 header, high=flow cat converter, 2" mild-steel mendrel-bent cat-back and a resonator + rear muffler.
    Heavy duty clutch + lightweight flywheel.

Cost you $2000-3000 and it'll be fun!
    not even that if its a D-series lol

Member Array
    Car:
    ®
    I'm so smrat.

Bought exedy 6896HD clutch for ZC ef7. Have now learnt that I need a 212mm clutch instead of 200mm (d16a8).

What clutch do I need for the ZC? I can refund this straight away or replace it for the right exedy clutch if they make it.

Should've asked here before I bought it derp.

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    Most shops will happy to swap for the right clutch

Something else to look out for is splines on input shaft on your gear box if it a 20 or 21 went you pull it out

Pat
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Hi guys. Going to attempt oil and filter change on my civic.
    At 122,000 kms.. Healthy strong engine thats been serviced frequently.. what oil should I be using. Is a thinner oil still ok to use like 5-10w - 40? Thinking of 10w-40 as supercheap has a sale on this type of castrol oil atm
    If not, what brand and grade oil do you guys reccommended for my beloved low km D series EK
    thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriskoss View Post
    Hi guys. Going to attempt oil and filter change on my civic.
    At 122,000 kms.. Healthy strong engine thats been serviced frequently.. what oil should I be using. Is a thinner oil still ok to use like 5-10w - 40? Thinking of 10w-40 as supercheap has a sale on this type of castrol oil atm
    If not, what brand and grade oil do you guys reccommended for my beloved low km D series EK
    thanks
    10-30 or 10-40 for your daily. dont think it matters if its royal purple shit or just your regular magnatec as long as your change oil & filter 5kkms.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i would just use normal old Honda FEO 10w30 - had my D15b7 on this from 150k - 300k and its been great the whole time

on another note check out my build thread for the tare down of a D16y1 that i scored cheap
    its snapped a con-rod from the previous owner over-boosting but the head is in great condition

either going to mini-me the head onto my D15b7 or find a D16 block to put the head on

does the block have to be OBD1? or can i get any D16 block and put the D16y1 head on it?