Page 113 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1363103110111112113114115116123 ... LastLast
Results 1,345 to 1,356 of 1836
    Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    Quote Originally Posted by newpaddy3 View Post
    Has anyone here turbo'd their D?
    Yep and it's alot of fun lol... Underestimated fun lol
    "If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning.”

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    Ive boosted my D and its so much fun.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Hey, I'm sorry in advance if this advice has already been posted some where and I missed it.

I am running a stock D16Y4 (so no vtec ) in my EK. I am at uni, but I have a job that's giving me a bit of cash. I wont be coming into a big amount of money for a few years, so for now an engine swap or another car are out of the question. Bearing this in mind, do you think the bang for my buck would be worth it for me to get a second hand turbo set-up for my D16? and how much would I be looking at?
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." - Soichiro Honda

Member Array
    u guys, just curious does the turbo d pull u bak into ur seats like rexc/gtr (geforce)?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_zivic View Post
    u guys, just curious does the turbo d pull u bak into ur seats like rexc/gtr (geforce)?

Kinda depends on the setup doesn't it? I see some SOHC D16's running 8-10 PSI and making around 100kw ATW so IMO that wouldn't necessarily throw you back in your seat but then I've also seen turbo D's making 200-245kw ATW which is another story. Depends on how it's done I guess

Member Array
    yea what i thought was u need at least 300nm of torque to throw sum mad geforce. like 34 gtr's, sti, evo's they throw u back in the seat.
    which is awsome imo.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Not really man. Torque is great, but there's no replacement for horsepower. If you have lots of HP you'll get thrown back...

Member Array
    so u rekon 200-250 atw will do it?lol
    thats what im aiming for with my turbo d16 new engine rebuild.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I suppose you're going forged internals on the block haha. Even on a budget build if your engine is rebuilt and you're running 8-10 PSI you should get some very decent power out of it

Member Array
    yea of corz forged internals. not expecting miracles just something that hammers for daily drive.
    and make me smile.hahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    mione 167kw at the wheels, broke my first driveshaft but had the setup for 3yrs now...

setup will up for sale soon...P.M me if you interested
    "If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning.”

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a