Page 27 of 153 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829303777127 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq View Post
    It a pretty simple formula. Out Y1 is eqiv to a Z6. Y7 = Y4, Y8 = Y8. All the DOHCs are the same.

D's dont make 80kw without internal/cam change. All these mods ive seen dsicussed here;

headers
    exhaust
    intakes
    leads

All they do is add bling and noise. You need an ECU to take advanatge of any of thee mods. Then the aim of the gain is to increase timing, lean it out a bit and tune it for 98+ron. But you arnt even going to make that much more power...

D-series NA is really really hard to do cheap on a budget without technical skills. First thing i would be doing is camshaft (zex 59300), ecu and cutting the bottom out of the airbox/SRI. With these mods, u will prolly pickup 10-15kw and the car will still sound/look stock. Maybe add a catback exhaust (2.25), but its going to add more noise then power.

From the discussion above re header types, its clearly evident that the OEM cast manifolds are basically as good as you will get.
    just the person i'd like to talk to...

that's my dyno up there, and i've got a before and after mod dyno sheet.. 109HP atw isnt possible without cam change?
    the before dynoe'd in at 96HP atw..

either there was some cam work before i purchased my car or i'm just fukken dumb (dont quote plz!)

anywhoo.. do you think the whale penis is worth looking into??
    Cos like i said i have the stock airbox and pipe - just replaced with K&N panel filter..

Also what ECU is worth looking into to take advantage of these mods??
    "you have herpes!"

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by B147ch View Post
    s'all good..

see my old dyno? :P

need to see what its pulling now since i've slapped the headers on lol
    Yeah man,do U know why the wonky line? Just curious as to why it's like that...

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Yeah man,do U know why the wonky line? Just curious as to why it's like that...
    LOL it was snapped on my phone camera..

i can show u my plates on my car to match the dyno if you are that concerned!! :P
    "you have herpes!"

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Nah man,I don't mean like that...I just meant it's not a smooth curve as such.I'm just learning how to read Dyno graphs so I was just wondering how you can make the line smooth. i.e.looks like the car needs something to get that curve smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Nah man,I don't mean like that...I just meant it's not a smooth curve as such.I'm just learning how to read Dyno graphs so I was just wondering how you can make the line smooth. i.e.looks like the car needs something to get that curve smoother.
    hmmm...

What do u reckon it needs??

ideas are welcome!!
    "you have herpes!"

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    haha,dunno! anyone got any ideas?

Screw zex camshafts, i read up on d series.org that its shithouse!

theyre all recommending the Crower camshafts. they have a nice range from stock to full race.

http://www.crower.com/misc/m_cat.shtml (turn to page 104)

for all you d16y1 boys, here's a product that should make you jizz in ya pants!
    "you have herpes!"

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by B147ch View Post
    hmmm...

What do u reckon it needs??

ideas are welcome!!
    your curve seems rather lumpy...
    could be a lot of things. easy things to check would be ignition (leads, plugs, timing), fuel system (any blockages - partial or full - messing with the fuel flow?), and last thing would be the ecu tune. seems like it could be feeding in diff levels of fuel at diff intervals.

crower cams are good, but if you're only looking for a regrind, send your cam over to bisimoto for a level 2.2 regrind (best duration and lift you can get from a regrind, especially if you cant afford a hard weld)
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

thanks for that.

the other think i was thinking is that my apexi vtec and air flow controller may need to be adjusted also..?
    "you have herpes!"

SO.... for my eg civic

i changed K & N pod filter

4-2-1 header

leads

and exedy 7lb light flywheel and whole clutch kit set

now... i am looking for a fuel computer like VTEC control or something

but what will be the price for install that one and tune that basically ?

i see that stage one cam already... but isnt it need a ECU tuning ?
    Last edited by yuentinlon; 22-06-2008 at 01:34 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by yuentinlon View Post
    SO.... for my eg civic

i changed K & N pod filter

4-2-1 header

leads

and exedy 7lb light flywheel and whole clutch kit set

now... i am looking for a fuel computer like VTEC control or something

but what will be the price for install that one and tune that basically ?

i see that stage one cam already... but isnt it need a ECU tuning ?
    Don't touch the VTec crossover point.

Honda has it set where is should be even after mods..

Adrian from TODA played with mine on the dyno a few weeks ago and we found that stock point was the best point..

You will however get some gains for a new ECU and tuning but I doubt they would be noticeable
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    Don't touch the VTec crossover point.

Honda has it set where is should be even after mods..

Adrian from TODA played with mine on the dyno a few weeks ago and we found that stock point was the best point..

You will however get some gains for a new ECU and tuning but I doubt they would be noticeable
    OK >.< thanks for that ... so is time to save some more for my D turbo , haha