Page 100 of 153 FirstFirst ... 5090979899100101102103110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,189 to 1,200 of 1836
    Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    There's the POV guy yeah?

And bildi,he was on here a while ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky7UxepxTXg

They are the 2 biggest d setups I've seen in AUS!

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-Final-Chapter

Cant remember if weq ever ran it though, cbf reading through the thread

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    has anyone with a totally worked d series....na or turbo......run the 1/4 mile yet ? OR any times from wakefield / other tracks ?

need to compared to all other setups lol
    Dont think so and doubt there will be...
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    haha yeah

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I would only do a big D-build if I won tats lotto and had so much money that I couldn't care where it was going...

What's a d15z2? Single or dual carby? I got one and it's gutless compared to the d15b4 I use to have in another eg.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexc86 View Post
    Dont think so and doubt there will be...
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I would only do a big D-build if I won tats lotto and had so much money that I couldn't care where it was going...
    Guys, you can get forged rods & vitara pistons from the US for under $1k aud. Only one cam to work with, so cam work will cost half the price. IMO the D is a perfect candidate for extracting power, however people get it in their heads that its going to cost through the roof, when in actual fact it aint.

Ive seen worked D16s pump out anywhere around 400-500whp, yeah i know that sounds crazy high for a 1.6l SOHC, but it is doable, & honestly that much power in a front wheel drive is just insane, id be mad happy with 150 - 200kw atws, thats a gearing changing traction breaker!!

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECnique View Post
    Guys, you can get forged rods & vitara pistons from the US for under $1k aud. Only one cam to work with, so cam work will cost half the price. IMO the D is a perfect candidate for extracting power, however people get it in their heads that its going to cost through the roof, when in actual fact it aint.

Ive seen worked D16s pump out anywhere around 400-500whp, yeah i know that sounds crazy high for a 1.6l SOHC, but it is doable, & honestly that much power in a front wheel drive is just insane, id be mad happy with 150 - 200kw atws, thats a gearing changing traction breaker!!
    Mate completely agree. However, Generally speaking, the culture in australia is to follow proven paths (especially those set by their close peers) rather then try something different. Also one of the major plus sides of a turbo D16 is low budget, and since there arnt many DIY backyard mechanics who can attempt a full blown boosted D16 eg.. pull down a motor, rebuild with new internals, fabricate plumbing, tune Ecu etc.... the only option is to pay a workshop, for most people the price is just too much and brakes the budget. Hence why you dont see many all out turbo D16 builds... and i doubt australia ever will.

Its one thing to budget just buying a part, but once you factor in.. Installation/tuning of the part into an existing setup, that budget easily blows out.
    Last edited by Sexc86; 17-08-2010 at 09:43 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    if its so cheap how come people dont do the pistons etc
    so how many people on here have done it
    havent seen one person post they have done these cheap mods to d series motors and get good power

and you dont need anything else to make the coilovers do their job
    coilovers make the car totally different to any spring/shock set up
    you have to get the correct coilover for your needs
    spring choice is crucial for what you are going to use the car for

you dont need a bigger sway/bushes etc for the street
    waste of money and time imo
    occasional track yeah
    Last edited by 90LAN; 17-08-2010 at 09:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Lan i can't understand your first paragraph. What are you trying to ask / say ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECnique View Post

if it is so cheap and makes good power
    why arnt people doing this
    lots of talk not enough doing in this thread

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    No one here has any high hopes of D-series, as pointed out, most ppl are sheeps, and are scared to try new things, which is why the states have much more hope in D-series, and have proven that D can make good power for what it is

I for one would boost my D, had i have the time and budget, but when the money an time comes around, definite yes to turbo D

Most ppl have the idea that B-series is the only way to go modding, but thats load of crap, D-series are good engine, just give it that extra boost, an it be as good as any B